Sign in to follow this  
RoyH

New PMDG 747-400

Received above as a great Christmas present. A couple of questions please:1. Cannot seem to open doors, eith by Shift E commands or numbers as per options tab. Any tips ?2. Where is the TCAS ? I always get yellow warning on EICSThanksRoyH

Roy,Very nice Christmas present indeed.You must assign keystrokes for the 747 doors. Have a look here: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_747-400_FAQ. Scroll down to the bottom and you will find a brief tutorial under the GENERAL USE section.With regards to the traffic display... take a look at your Navigation Display (ND). This is the CRT located second from the left. Above this unit you will see several knobs and buttons. The left knob allows you to cycle between views on the ND: APP, VOR, MAP, and PLN. You should select MAP in order to view traffic. The right knob allows you to cycle between distances in the MAP view: 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 320, and 640. Typical setting for departure is 40nm. These knobs have two options. You can adjust left and right, or click the center of the knob.To view traffic simply click the center of the distance knob- it reads TFC. Remember, your transponder must be on first.Hope this helps- have fun!JW

RoyH,To turn on the TCAS, you have to go to the com panel and turn it on by rotating the small switch to the left that is next to the transponder display and wait until your first officer tells you the TCAS test went OK, then rotate it all the way to the right for full operation. Then click on the TFC knob in the mode control panel to see the traffic displayed in the navigation display.Kim

To add, welcome to the community! :-) Since you're a new 744 driver I would highly recommend a couple of things. First, fully read all of the documentation. This is not an add-on that you can just jump in, start the engines, and expect to get the full experience of the product.Next, check out the type rating courses. They will give you some good hands on experience on how to operate this highly complex simulation.

It was my Xmas pressie to myself :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)