Sign in to follow this  
Guest 102301636

QOS CTD

Guest 102301636

Hi all,About 5minutes ago I was nearing completion of my transatlantic flight from jfk-fra when I got a CTD 5miles from touchdown (very frustrating)Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced the same problem when on approach land3 annunciated. I was in the 2d cockpit and i hit the a/t button to disarm it and thats exactly when the CTD occurred.Any help greatly appreciatedThanks,Alan

Yes, ages ago when flying long routes. I believe it was due to a memory leak. If you watch the memory requirements, they grow substantially with time. Minimizing the FS9 window for a short while, overcame mine.

Guest 102301636

ok, thanks, i'll take a look at that, i've never had memory problems before but i did upgrade to 2gb of ram a couple of weeks agoalan

Guest IGNatiuS

>ok, thanks, i'll take a look at that, i've never had memory>problems before but i did upgrade to 2gb of ram a couple of>weeks ago>>alanI'm having the same problem on my computer(just posted a topic on Dutchfs.com)I get no errors, just a CTD. In my eventlog are then 2 errors, both the same text(it's in dutch, so i won't bore you with it)If that's the problem you have, how do you fix it then?

I wrote in my answer, that I minimize the FS9 window momentarily then reopen it. As a result, memory use is typically reduced from 500KB plus down to ~200KB.>If that's the problem you have, how do you fix it then?

Guest 102301636

my fs9 setup typically uses around 800Mb of memoryalan

My reference to memory was about RAM not storage place.>my fs9 setup typically uses around 800Mb of memory>>>alan

Lots of discussion in both FS and PMDG forum concering this issue. Do a search on CTD. Bottom line, could be many different things including a bug in the FS engine.

Guest 102301636

Im also talking about RAM, it uses about 800MB of my 2GB of RAM, as for storage we are talking over 40GB of my hard drive devoted to this!!alan