Sign in to follow this  
FlyinMisfit

EHAM Rnwy. Probs.???

hi Guys,the other day i was flying the -400F from KATL-EHAM. i was flying the ILS18R approach. the ND was showing i was lined up with the rnwy. however, the rnwy. was not in view (10 miles vis.). i went into spot view and noticed the actual rnwy. was well to my left. i'm still using the AIRAC 608 with current SIDS and STARS from Richard's NAVDATA site. is there any known issues with the AIRAC 608 cycle and EHAM? or the SID/ STARS with EHAM? thanks in advance for your help. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

Guest tmanaon

The problem has nothing to do with AIRAC or current SIDS and STARS. FS2004 has EHAM all screwed up and i am not quite sure why that is the case. As far as i can tell, it is the only airport in flight sim 2004 that is completely inacurate. The only way you can fly EHAM is to buy and use the addon scenery by Cloud 9. I just avoid the airport.Anthony

>The only way you can fly EHAM is to buy and use the addon scenery>by Cloud 9. I just avoid the airport.>>AnthonyOf course not. There are enough freeware alternatives available if you don't want to go payware. But you definetively need a good Afcad file. The easiest and cheapest way is to download a decent Afcad or freeware scenery at Avsim. Do a search in the library for Jim Vile or Peter Bos. They have compiled quality Afcad sceneries for EHAM. I just did an succesfull approach into 18R at EHAM with the 737 with one of these.

Hi Tim,Eham actually has three parallel runways 18-36. 18R (the one you were trying to land on) is about 10 years old and is not modelled in FS9. So the one you saw on your left is 18C. 18R however is included in the airac cycles, hence the confusion.regardsMartin

hi Guysthank you all for the replies. i did not know the prob. was FS itself. that was my first flight in/out of EHAM. that's a shame. especially since it's one of the high detailed airports in FS9. and even worse that the prob. wasn't addressed with the 9.1 patch. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

Guest tmanaon

Arild,I went and downloaded the freeware sceenry by Peter Bos and i have to say it is a great scenery and fixes the EHAM problem quite nicely.Thank you for pointing it out.I thought that only Cloud 9 had the answer to this problem and i refused to buy the software. EHAM has always been one of my favorite airports especially because i fly through there (as a passenger) frequently in real life. Now i can enjoy flying through there with the Queen.Anthony