Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

Help with FSBuild

I've tried posting in the FSBuild Forum but the only suggestion I got was to make sure I was doing everything correctly. I have two main problems. First, everytime I try to file a flightplan from either Vancuver or Seattle to London Heathrow, I end up with a route that's over 8,000 NM long. The following is the Seattle to London route:KSEA DCT FLAAK J505 YXC J500 YYN V300 ODGOV J500 VLN J504 YBR J549 YWG J542 VBS J579 YYY J553 YAY NATV BABAN UN544 DEVOL UN546 STU UL9 DIKAS UL18 BASET UL9 KENET OCK1A EGLL I tried to upload a screenshot of the route that was drawn but it said the file was too large. Anyway, my second problem is that any NAT has to be entered manually. If I just enter the track I want to use, I just get a straight line across the Atlantic. Also, if I try to use the NATA track, I get a route from the UK to an intersection in South America with that name, then to the US. Did anyone else have and solve this problem?Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Hi Ryan,Here's a plan that should suit your needs. Happy travels!KSEA YDC J503 YNY J527 YMM EDTIN 6485N 6680N 6770N 6860N 6850N 6740N 6530N 6220N ERAKA UP58 SUPIT UN590 GOW HON LAM BNN1E EGLLEDIT Changed 6490N to 6485N to avoid the big wall at the FS9 pole!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest balt

big wall? not at 6090N... that's 60 north 90 west in my understanding.

Ahh the FSBuild questions. I've noticed that there are a number of flightplans within the package that give some very strange routing with completely out the way waypoints some 1000nm off the route. In this case I generally create my own.NATs are also a strange thing. If you look at some of the airways within the UK and Northern USA it will look like they intercept NATs but in fact there is no NAT for them to intercept. In this case we're forced to plot our own Atlantic crossing. NATs are not necessarily convenient for flying, and are usually for the more frequent routes. KSEA to EGLL is not one of these common routes, such as the flight I was trying to do, EGLL to KLAX, again not a common flight. Don't get me wrong.. these flights are done, but it's just not regular enough for their own NAT to come into play. Also any of the NATs that are available are usually way out the way for your route! In this case planning your own crossing using fixes is the alternative.. and in your case it will be the sensible way forward..I don't know if any of that helped..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

New data tables have recently been made available that eliminated or reduced duplicate and misplaced waypoint data. It is in the www.fsbuild.com download section.In FSB once a route is intially built you can turn on the option to build from the route table instead of the route window. In the route view you can then look at the table, highlight in the region of the waypoint in question noting that what you highlight turns red on the map, delete that row, and rebuild to get rid of the scattering. The map route should straighten out."Soft" waypoints typically named something like "D0589" that have been placed in a SID or STAR are culprits and usually can be eliminated without a problem.

I've downloaded the new data tables shortly after it came out. It actually made it worse in terms of strange routes. I've also tried to delete the stange waypoints but when I would hit "build", it would rebuild the same route as before. How do you enable building from the table?Other than that, even other trans-atlantic routes like EGLL to KJFK don't work with NATs. Recently I've been putting route sections in manually anyway. I just thought there might be a way to overcome this problem. Thanks for the help everyone.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg