Sign in to follow this  
TC1

How do you load a saved 747 flight

I purchased the 747 last night and I attempted my 1st flight this afternoon. I was taking a flight from KSEA to KORD with a flight that I created myself. All of my flight parameters loaded into the FMC/CDU without any errors. I also have the Level-D 767 and the Feelthere 737 and found that most of the "work" that is related to loading the FMC/CDU is similar in all three aircraft.I read the first lesson plan, and reviewed the POH prior to starting the simulation. My problem is that I needed to leave the flight prior to its completion. I saved the flight, returned, and attempted to reloaded the flight like I have with the other two aircraft. No joy!The restored flight would not display the PMDG 747 and I had a number of alarms going off to tell me that the MCP was out of alignment. I restored the aircraft by selecting the default 747 and then reloaded the PMDG bird. What happen was that although that aircraft was now displayed, I appeared to have lost the flight plan stored in the FMC/CDU. What is the correct procedure for reloading a saved flight. I remember seeing in the forum a similar question, and it appeared that that were multiple answers. When I went looking for the post, I was unable to locate the topic.Please steer me in the right direction and/or explain to me the proper process use to restore an saved flight.ThanksTom

Ok, I have done some more reading.If I understand the process correctly, I need to save the panel state and then save the flight itself. When I return to the simulation, I first reload the saved flight and then I reload the saved panel and then everybody goes along the happy ways.Are these the correct steps?ThanksTom

They certainley are.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Ok, I have done some more reading.>>If I understand the process correctly, I need to save the>panel state and then save the flight itself. When I return to>the simulation, I first reload the saved flight and then I>reload the saved panel and then everybody goes along the happy>ways.>>Are these the correct steps?>>Thanks>>Tom>>I just go to the RTE page and press the "RTE COPY" LSK.You will see RTE KSEAKORD001 Saved.When you want to make the flight again enter KSEAKORD001 in the scratch pad and press the "Co Route" LSK.Thats it!

Dave/BuckThanks for the help. Since 1985 I have always had some version of FS on my computer. This is the first model that I needed to save both the panel and the flight. Old dogs and new tricks...ThanksTom