Sign in to follow this  
Guest vlcano57

737ng Add-On Livery Installation Failure

Guest vlcano57

I just bought the 737ng (600-700)for FS9 and I love it. I have tried installing the add on liveries from the PMDG website and the installer keeps messing up.I direct it to the main FS9 folder to install the livery and it does good until the end and a error pops up saying the installer can not open the aircraft.cfg to edit it, and the installer closes.I have notified PMDG and they said the FS9 root folder should be the place I direct it to, but I tried the specific PMDG folders (700 winglets, etc) but it does not work. I figured I would ask here while I wait for PMDG to respond.I tried this with numerous livery installers and it did not work.These all all direct from PMDG website.Thanks

Nameless,I've just downloaded, installed and ran the SWA Spirit winglet livery for the 700NG without issue. We will need more information about your setup to figure out whats going on with your failed install. Send support an email with the particulars of your computer/software and we'll see what we can come up with.For future reference, please sign your post with your name, per our fourm rules. We're a helpful bunch here and we like to know what to call you ;-)

Guest vlcano57

Sure sorry,I am running a Gateway MX7120 Laptop with AMD Athlon 64 processorWindows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 SP2.If you need anymore specifics just let me knowThanks,Jared"Southwest 1123 Cleared To Land Runway 31"............."Cleared To Land Southwest 1123"............"Southwest 1123, Go Around"......................."@**!.......... Southwest 1123"We don't need no stinkin' reverse thrust!!!

Jared,can I assume you have been unable to install any liveries from our web site?If this is so, download our un-installer from our web site and un-install the NG then re-install it with a fresh download or re-installed from the CD. Now, re-download any of the liveries from the website and try running that installer.Post your experience.

Guest vlcano57

The problem you describe indicates that somehow your registry location forFS9 became corrupt and the installer is not finding the FS9.exe file whereexpected. To correct this, you can download a tool from the Avsim filelibrary at this link http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=71026 Runthat utility and your FS9.exe registry problem should be corrected and theinstaller will work as designed. Let me know if you continue to have trouble. RegardsPaul GollnickJust got that from support.I am gonna try this, if that does not work I will try Petes suggestion and start over. Thanks for the help so far,Jared"Southwest 1123 Cleared To Land Runway 31"............."Cleared To Land Southwest 1123"............"Southwest 1123, Go Around"......................."@**!.......... Southwest 1123"We don't need no stinkin' reverse thrust!!!

Guest vlcano57

Just tried the program and it indicates my fs9.exe file is not where it should be.I know it is in my main FS9 root folder in C,Program file, Microsoft Games, Flight Simulator 9But what is all this registry junk!!I have been flying and using addons for a while and I am very familiar with messing around in the root folder but never editing anything beyond that.Should I just uninstall and reinstall it?The only thing is I have alot of addon liveries from Avsim on there and I dont want to add them all again!!but it looks like I have to.I guess its not so bad.Let me know if I should just reinstall."Southwest 1123 Cleared To Land Runway 31"............."Cleared To Land Southwest 1123"............"Southwest 1123, Go Around"......................."@**!.......... Southwest 1123"We don't need no stinkin' reverse thrust!!!

Guest vlcano57

I suspect you recently installed FSX. For some reason FSX seems to bedestroying the registries for FS9 and once the registry entry is deleted,your only option is to reinstall. RegardsPaul GollnickI did and unistalled it."Southwest 1123 Cleared To Land Runway 31"............."Cleared To Land Southwest 1123"............"Southwest 1123, Go Around"......................."@**!.......... Southwest 1123"We don't need no stinkin' reverse thrust!!!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest vlcano57

Unfortunately, you're looking at having to install FS9 and your PMDG andother add on's again. You can try running a repair from the CD's to see ifit helps. RegardsPaul Gollnick"Southwest 1123 Cleared To Land Runway 31"............."Cleared To Land Southwest 1123"............"Southwest 1123, Go Around"......................."@**!.......... Southwest 1123"We don't need no stinkin' reverse thrust!!!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Pete,A question along this tack. If you own the 737-600/700, then install the 737-800/900 which patches the first 737, can you still download and install liveries from your website for the 737-600/700? I seem to remember a warning during the install of the patch that you would no longer be able to install the old liveries, at least the ones from my disk.Kim

Guest vlcano57

So I have been working with it all week and it is a no go.I really do not want to have to uninstall FS9.Is there anyway you can email me the following liveries and the edits to edit the .cfg for the following liveries.737-600 Air Canada 737-700 American737-600 Air Canada Tango 737-700 Continental737-600 Dreamliner 737-700 El AL 737-600 BMI Baby 737-700 Northwest737-600 SWA Shamu 737-700 SWA Classic737-700 SWA Nevada 737-700 New Mexico737-700 SWA Nolan Ryan Express 737-700 SWA Spirit737-700 US Airways 737-700 Stairs Virgin Blue737-700 Winglets Air Berlin Dreamliner 737-700Winglets ATA737-700 Winglets Dreamliner 737-700 Winglets SWA Classic737-700 Winglets SWA Spirit 737-700 Winglets/Stairs FedEx737-700 Winglets/ Stiars Virgin BlueThanks, This would be greatly appricited as I have no way of installing theseJared