Sign in to follow this  
Guest BWBriscoe

Adding new Bangkok airport

Guest BWBriscoe

Hi guys,I want to add the new Bangkok airport (VTBS) so that I can fly there with the PMDG 747-400.I was wondering if you could talk me through how to add a new airport. I know there are quite a few sceneries on avsim, but how do I add the navdata etc. that I'll need for the flight?Cheers,Ben

VTBS is in the current cycle of the airac, available at navigraph if you don't already have it. There is a procedures file for VTBS available for free from http://navdata.at that is relatively recent by John Meinen. You shouldn't have to do anything, but if you want to embelish the procedures I recommend the excellent tutorial by Terry Yingling at planepath.com

Dan Downs KCRP

Does anyone know where to get scenery for the new Bangkok airport? I was there for real recently - very impressive :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest BWBriscoe

I downloaded the airport, but is there anyway to transfer my PAI traffic from the old airport to the new one?It gets a bit lonely there on my own!Ben

I think you'll have to use Traffic Tools and manually change all the flights going to VTBD to the new VTBS. I'm getting ready to do that myself. I may be wrong though and if anyone knows better, please let us know.Thanks!

Gavin Barbara

Guest BWBriscoe

Do you know how to do this?Cheers,Ben

I think I do. Download Traffic tools. Use the de-compiler, then manually change every VTBD for VTBS. Then run the compiler and that's it. It's easier than it sounds - everything is clearly explained in the TT manual - I'm no expert with computers/FS tweaking, so it must be easy :-) At least that's how I did it in 2K2. I'm new-ish with FS9 and just presume it's the same.Anyone else care to confirm/contradict this before I get brave enough to give it a go :-)

Gavin Barbara

Guest BWBriscoe

I know this is probably a very silly question, but what exactly do I decompile?Ben

It's not a stupid question at all. If you don't know what something is, it's a sign of intelligence to ask.What you'll be de-compiling is the flightplan 'thingy' in FS. It is a totally harmless thing to do. Nothing will change until you change it. The de-compiler in TT knows what it's doing - you just click the switch.

Gavin Barbara

Guest BWBriscoe

Thanks very much. How exactly do I go about this?Cheers, Ben

Download Traffic Tools from the library here. Unzip it and read the manual - it clearly explains everything. I don't mean this in an unfriendly way - I honestly belive that reading this manual will explain things to you much better than I can. :-)

Gavin Barbara