Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Simplified Control Manager Setup

Hi,I've been working with Flight Sim 2002 and the CH Control Manager and I think I've found a much easier way to get them to work together. The method involves adding "Aliases" to the DEVICES.CFG file that ships with Flight Sim so that it recognizes the Control Manager Devices by name, then creating a map for the devices that plays into what FS is expecting. It seems to be giving me all the proper assignments, both in normal flight and in slew mode.I've only run it under Windows XP Pro and Flight Sim 2002 Pro, there are some notes in it on what I expect will happen under Windows 98, but that's still untested.If you're interested, I've posted an article on the web that you can pick up. It's a zipped WordPad .DOC file that has information on changing the DEVICES.CFG file and setting up the map to work with it. The file only applies to the Flight Sim Yoke USB with the Pro Pedals USB, and to the Flight Sim Yoke LE with the Pro Pedals USB.You can download the Zip from:http://home.att.net/~stickworks/cmfs.zipThe download runs about 5K.- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Hi Bob! Having had the benefits of your stick utilities for other sims (for which many thanks)I am sure pleased to see you are working with 2K2 and CH stuff.You may have noticed that the CH Yokes are offering variable reliability, by reference to some recent posts here, and I have one (USB) in it's box because I can't get it to behave. It loses it's calibration, noticeable through the Windows device calibration utility as well as "in sim". Similar behaviour can apply to the USB rudders as well. (I don't use a USB hub).I'll be glad to give your devices.cfg a go, and much appreciated.PH

Hi Phil,>> Having had the benefits of your stick utilities for other sims (for which many thanks)I am sure pleased to see you are working with 2K2 and CH stuff. <> You may have noticed that the CH Yokes are offering variable reliability, by reference to some recent posts here, and I have one (USB) in it's box because I can't get it to behave. It loses it's calibration, noticeable through the Windows device calibration utility as well as "in sim". Similar behaviour can apply to the USB rudders as well. (I don't use a USB hub). <> I'll be glad to give your devices.cfg a go, and much appreciated. <

Hi Mark,Thanks, Mark! Your setup was just about there anyway, sorry about the default slew thing. I should have caught that right away. Anyway, if this works for you it's a whole lot simpler.Let me know what you find out!- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Guest ielchitz

Bob,I just wanted to mention that after a week or so of knocking my head against my desk while trying to get my USB Yoke and Pro Pedals working - your post here made the big difference for me.I was able to get everything in order - but the largest tip I saw in your posts was regarding sensitivities - since I managed to make some adjustments - my Brakes work like a charm.Also - thanks to "Dark Moments" for his info on how to Map a key on the yoke for my push to talk button in roger wilco.Thanks again - it's people who share info to help everyone else out - that makes our community so great.Sincerely,Ian Elchitz CYWG