Sign in to follow this  
RoyH

PMDG 744 - FMC - Flight Plans - FSNav

:-)Hi allIs it possible to use FS Navigator to load flight plans into the FMC of the 747-400 ?Also, I am new to the 744 and have always navigated up until now using VOR's ( always flown old aircaft ). If I was doing a short hop from EGLL to EGPF how would I find what airways to use and how to enter and leave them.Any advice greatly appreciated.RegardsRoyHRoy Higgins

Although I'm not an FS Nav user I've seen the answer. Go to their support site and download some kind of export module for PMDG aircraft. That should allow you to continue exporting to FS9 or whatever is included but add PMDG to the export list.I'm a 737NG user. To answer your short hop question if EGLL has a departure (SID) procedure and EGPF has an arrival (STAR) procedure they might overlap. You really need procedure charts to pick the best ones pending runways in use and direction of travel. If it is really a short hop airways may not be incolved at all.The entry of waypoints and other route data is explained in the PMDG manual. If you wish to fly using FS ATC or another off-line service like Radar Contact, you might wish to check out an external flight planner that exports to FS9 and the PMDG FMC. In the FMC you can then import that version using the COMPANY ROUTE feature usually on RTE page 1. If it is like the 737NG the name will be EGLLEGPF as set in your planner. My preferred planner is FSBuild version 2.3. It contains many SIDS and STARS and converts them to waypoints along with your enroute so you get coordinated waypoints all the way into FS for ATC and into the FMC. This avoids ATC and FMC waypoint discrepancies between two databases. FSNav is similar in use. In FSB if you autoroute and an appropriate SID and STAR is found, they will be used if you allow it in options. With autoroute route mapping charts are not usually necessary but it is nice to have them available.As I recall there is a real world resource site called Eurocontrol. You register there (no cost) and you will have access to needed charts to download to aid in your decisions. These charts may contain newer data points that may not be consistent with your installed FMC database or scenery. If you wish to get updated enroute data for your FMC you can purchase updates via the site:http://www2.navigraph.com/www/default.aspfor a modest subscription.FSB has its own update support at no charge from its website.Not being at home right now, I can't test your scenario but maybe someone else can come up with it.