Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

744: RTE-2 "Step" Function Bug?

Issue: 744 FMC "Step" button (LEGS Page/LSK-6R) does not work on FP activated in RTE-2 pages.Scenario: Now finishing (187nm from T/D) on a multi-leg, multi-continental trip with the 744, I decided to preload this last leg (EDDF -> KATL) in the RTE-2 pages on the FMC prior to landing at my last layover, EDDF. Then during pre-flight at EDDF, I simply activated RTE-2 with the loaded FP and all seemed to work just as well as it always had with a FP in the RTE-1 pages.But, while in-flight on this last leg, I began planning my ILS arrival into KATL (DEP/ARR -> ACT RTE2 ARR), I noticed that the "step" function of the FMC (in PLN mode) does not nothing, it won't budge. The "step" function in an the active RTE-1 pages has never been an issue before, including the current long-haul, mult-leg, session.Could someone else please load and activate a FP into RTE-2, then switch the FMC to PLN mode and see if the "step" button (LEGS Page/LSK-6R) steps through the FP for you?If this is a confirmed (albeit, very minor) bug, is it possible to get it looked at while the code is open for the FSX conversion? It is tough to step through final-approach fix changes in-flight with only the "Prev-Page" and "Next-Page" button on the FMC.I'll be looking for 'ya at gate F4 in Atlanta, LOL...Thanks much...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>I'll be looking for 'ya at gate F4 in Atlanta, LOL...Man, not one of you guys were at the Gate to welcome me home with congratulations on my longest, non-stop, real-time, single-session, four-continent, trip. No Respect! LOL...What a great weekend... New Years and booze, Flightsim, Grilling food, lots of college and NFL football (Go EAGLES)...For the record, landing & taking-off from Rio four hours before the new-year (booze included) wasn't easy. Thank goodness for the trusty FMC and MCP! My advise, don't drink and drive a Boeing 747-400, LOL...May you all have a joyeous and fruitful new-year...Denver(KDEN) -> Rio De Janeiro(SBGL) -> Cape Town(FACT) -> Frankfurt(EDDF) -> Atlanta (KATL)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164405.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164403.jpg

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

"The "step" function in an the active RTE-1 pages has never been an issue before, including the current long-haul, mult-leg, session."I seem to recall that the STEP function doesn't quite work the way it is supposed to (even for Route 1). In PMDG, it seems to require activation and execution(?) before you can step through it. Perhaps herein lies the problem with Route 2... it has to be activated/executed before you can step through it?Cheers.Q>

>Perhaps herein lies the problem with Route 2... it>has to be activated/executed before you can step through it?Yes, RTE2 was active during this final leg when I could not step through the waypoints.Al

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I am currently flying the BAW268 KLAX-EGLL flight. I loaded up an earlier BAW282 flight plan I found at Flightaware.com into the FMC for the later BAW268 flight I was going to fly. I then wanted to fly the actual flight shown at flightaware once the real world BAW268 was airborne. I too experienced the same defect when and after inputing a new route via route 2 page, executing then flying route 2. I was unable to step thru and visual check the waypoints on the ND and only able to do so page by page and looking at the FMC for any heading or incorrect waypoints. When checking the progress waypoints in route 2 I did not receive and fuel calculations or ETA.I am also showing a -2200000.0 EGLL ETA/FUEL indication on page 2/3 ECON CRZ page. I was unable to go back into VNAV?? So I thought I might save route 2, mistake lost route 2. I had to go back and fly route 1 to see the fuel calculations and ETA. O well. Good night.Ken

Ken,Thank you so much for confirming my earlier findings. I'm glad to know that I wasn't imagining things during my 40hr flight.PMDG, would you mind putting this issue (RTE-2) in your bug-tracker for the 744? Thank you much...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Further details, I was also unable to input airways to waypoints and had to settle for direct to instead while programming route 2 into the fmc in the route page.Ken