Sign in to follow this  
av8tor98

PMDG 747 Flying Tip Pop Up Window

Hi all,I have searched the forum to find an answer to this problem but I have been unable to find a topic regarding my particular problem. At any rate, recently I have been receiving a flying tip pop up window while using the 747. It basically says that I have insufficient fuel for the tank selected. Press CTRL X to add more fuel or something to that effect. Even though I go through the process of loading fuel through the PMDG options menu,select apply,etc., and have the correct fuel loaded with no FMC error messages, I still get this pop up window. It's quite annoying. Also, I have flying tips disabled within FS9 settings and still get this message. This has not happened before, so I am at a loss as to why this message appears frequently throughout a flight.I have even gone through the process of exiting a flight and reload the aircraft, but to no avail.Thanks for your input!

First you need to sign your posts, forum rules. Please take a look at the messages pinned at the top of the forum. How are you managing fuel (specifically what menu)?

Ok, point taken. I'll be sure to sign this post.I load fuel through PMDG's drop down menu within FS9 under 'options'. I will normally select 1/3 full since most of my passenger flights don't require any more than this. Then I will get this Flying Tip window with the message about the selected tank needing more fuel, which is erroneous...in my opinion of course. I would like to be able to disable this pop up "Flying Tip" window(similar to the default ATC window within FS9). I must add, all of the overhead fuel selectors are activated as they should be. Like I have stated earlier, I haven't had this problem but until recently, and I haven't changed fueling procedures, so I'm needing some feedback as to what may be causing the pop up window to appear.Thanks,Joe

Hmmm... sounds like something has gone wrong with your fs9.cfg file. Did you try renaming it and letting FS create a new one. Then disable tips again and see what happens.