Sign in to follow this  
BonanzaDude

Questions Regarding PMDG 737NG

A couple of things:1) Sometimes while programming the FMC, I am unable to get any Dep or App runways or SIDS/STARS to show up on the FMC. This can happen at various stages of flight. On the ground before activating flight plan or in the air while programming FMC for destination runway. I am using the newest AIRAC from navigraph.com. It doesn;t happen all of the time, but enough to bother me.2) On approach to land at an ILS runway, I usually tend to let the AP get the plane lined up for approach and then I will hand fly the last part of the descent and landing, usually at or above DH. I usually override the AP by moving the joystick. Once that is done, I notice that the AutoThrottle no longer holds speed on descent to land. The AT is still armed and the "Speed" light is still lit on the MCP.Thanks for any suggestions.John

John P. Navara

PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H

Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements

https://twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

>A couple of things:>>1) Sometimes while programming the FMC, I am unable to get any>Dep or App runways or SIDS/STARS to show up on the FMC. This>can happen at various stages of flight. On the ground before>activating flight plan or in the air while programming FMC for>destination runway. I am using the newest AIRAC from>navigraph.com. It doesn;t happen all of the time, but enough>to bother me.I'm not sure about this one. Does this FMC itself indicate the correct AIRAC cycle in the INIT page?>2) On approach to land at an ILS runway, I usually tend to let>the AP get the plane lined up for approach and then I will>hand fly the last part of the descent and landing, usually at>or above DH. I usually override the AP by moving the>joystick. Once that is done, I notice that the AutoThrottle>no longer holds speed on descent to land. The AT is still>armed and the "Speed" light is still lit on the MCP.>In the PMDG keys menu, there are assignments available for AP disconnect and AT disconnect which I assign to two key-sequence and then to two buttons on my yoke. It is my understanding that these are only "soft" disconnects and are not the same as turning off the AP with the disconnect-bar on the panel or throwing the AT arm switch on the panel. So, on final, I hit the key-sequence for "AP disconnect" then after touchdown, I hit the key-sequence for "AT diconnect". Seems to work beter for me this way. Try it see if it helps.Good luck..

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>>1) Sometimes while programming the FMC, I am unable to get>any>>Dep or App runways or SIDS/STARS to show up on the FMC. >This>>can happen at various stages of flight. On the ground>before>>activating flight plan or in the air while programming FMC>for>>destination runway. I am using the newest AIRAC from>>navigraph.com. It doesn;t happen all of the time, but>enough>>to bother me.>>I'm not sure about this one. Does this FMC itself indicate>the correct AIRAC cycle in the INIT page?>I thought the AIRAC only icludes Navaids etc. For the runways and Sid/Stars, you need to download the "All-In-One".

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I may be wrong but the later versions (payware) from Navigraph include the SID/STARS along with the AIRAC. The runway data indicated as sometimes missing as well, are in the AIRAC regarless. Something has gotten hosed in the Flight Simulator 9FMCWPNAVDATA folder is my guess. Also, it seems to me, a while back, I had a similar issue with the LDS, I just reverted back one AIRAC cycle and it seem to clear it up. Maybe a bad AIRAC update?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I am flying now and am not getting any aproach (KMCO) runway or stars. I did get dep (KCLE) sids and runways. I will check on this after I arrive in Orlando.John

John P. Navara

An earlier post was correct in advising you need sidstars for the fmc to display runways, arrivals and departures. These are available from planepath.com courtesy of Terry Yingling (US only), others are available at navdata.at courtesy of Richard Stefan. Navigraph will not be providing sidstars with pmdg airac data for months.. however, I do provide a nice collection of sidstars (including KMCO + 40 others) available at either navdata.at or avsim library. Hope you get a chance to try them.

Dan Downs KCRP

I thought those came with and were installed with the AIRAC database update which I did last week. I found the PMDG_Procedures.exe file on the planepath.com website and they seem to be working fine.Thanks for all of your help.John

John P. Navara