Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

Realistic environment in a realistic plane.

Guest dt1951

Hi Lef, realism means different things to different people. Sounds are one of the things that must drive developers bonkers. My preference is to have the cockpit sound more realistic than what is available in most payware aircraft. Many people want more "realistic" engine sounds in the cockpit. By that they mean more engine sound, not realistic cockpit engine sound. I prefer my engines where they belong, outboard of, behind and below the cockpit. Not in the cockpit with me.

Hi Dan!I get your point Dan!, what I tried to focus on was thatif one get some of all those lovely scenery payware as:1. Active Sky2. Ground Enviroment3. UT-Terrain4. Mega Frankfurt, Mega Vienna, ....... 5. Freeware airports such as LIRF, LIMC.... http://www.isdproject.com/ (One of the best freeware I

>So my conclusion must be: Invest in FSX now and have a game or>continue with FS9 for one or 2 years with all lovely addons>and have an realistic Fly experience, so therefore I wished>the MD11 also would be released for the FS9 community.>> >/ LeffeLeffe,You have a good point here. Now let's say for a moment the MD-11 is indeed going to be FSX only:You're right, presently FSX is more a game than a simulator. But why can't for example the MD-11 be the point where you start investing money into FSX? It is not going to be released tomorrow you know...Instead of asking for FS9 all the time, why not just continue flying FS9 until the MD-11 is here? And when that happens don't just throw FS9 away but fly everything you like in FS9, and fly the MD-11 in FSX. Who's to say that when we fly an airliner the world outside does always have to be perfect (meaning with thousands of add-ons)? Couldn't the MD-11 simulation itself be flown without all the fancy sceneries you have in FS9? Level-D simulators have far less sophisticated visual sceneries but still we fly them. And at the time the MD-11 hits the market FSX will already be a platform with hundreds of add-ons. But should your PC at that time not be able to run the MD-11 together with all the add-ons you want, where's the harm in turning down some sliders until you can afford faster hardware? This whole thing is about flying the MD-11, not looking at sceneries! You'll have to fly a modern airliner in a way you've never done before, the Douglas way! Look at it from a training point of view... improve your skills with airliner flying, system operations, normal- and abnormal procedures, why can't we do that without all of our add-ons?And once you master the MD-11 in every way and therefore have time to look out of the window, faster hardware will be available cheap, and bingo you can feed your FSX with add-ons as much as you like.Don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you what to do and what not, I'm not even telling that to you personally but to all people concerned with FSX. I'm trying to raise questions so you think of other ways of flying airliners with MSFS.You all know that the MD-11 is not going to be released tomorrow. So don't look at FSX how it is today, imagine how FSX will be once the MD-11 will arrive. Eventually everyone will move to FSX, and everyone will upgrade their PC, this is the way it has always been with every new version of MSFS!I guess what I'm trying to say is, if your PC is not yet able to run FSX with all add-ons you want, then fly the MD-11 without them for a while! I promise you the MD-11 will offer so much to learn for all of you, so much detail and realism to experience, the world outside the cockpit windows can look a bit "default" for a while and you'll still be able to enjoy it!Level-D has decided to do their B757 for FSX only, so if PMDG would do the same they wouldn't even be the only ones! FSX is the way of the future!Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

>Delay? What delay? There is none because there has never been>a release date. This is the price we pay for demanding more>and more realism with the add-ons, the development time>increases tremendously as we want more and more. But the good>thing is, you WILL get more :)>Sorry Markus! you

Thx Mo! I surely love my Flightsim FS9 today, as a TRUE sim. The future will of course go forward as always, but during 1-2 years changing period at least, I think the customer should have the possibility to choose platforms with the best addons on market.I still think it would be a smart economic solution if PMDG choosed 2 platforms for the MD11.Regards Leffe

Like most things the market will ultimately decide. If the market for high end sim aircraft addons is 20,000 people (let's say that many purchased the 747 -- my own opinion is that this is the very high end of sales for this type of addon) and only 5,000 buy the MD-11 for FSX, I would guess PMDG will run the numbers and decide if the development cost & efforts to make a FS9 version is worth potential sales of 15,000 units. Time will tell.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Guest truckinflyboy

I have to put my 2cents in on this discussion. I have a fairly good fast system. P4@3.2GH,2G DDR,Nvidia 256mb graphics 5950 Ultra. I have good frame rates with the sliders adjusted for realism and quality.I have also bought FSX and installed it. I have run it a couple of times and tried to tweak the setting so I could get the same frame rates as in FS9. Can't do it and still have the realism and quality as FS9. You need a very robust system for FSX.FSX is in the hanger and will not be used for a very long time I'm afraid and the major reason is I can't afford to spend 5 or 6 grand on a new system with the latest gee-whiz tech. Thats what it will take for me to enjoy FSX at the same level as I do FS9.I do hope very much that PMDG will design the MD-11 for FS9. I think the majority of the FS community will purchase it for use with FS9.Just my 2cents.

I thought I would reply to this forum as well.. After reading the article I found out a few new things and had renforcement to some of my other views.. I must admit I was very dissappointed with ultimate traffic etc.. and the FSBuild interface is one of the worst in the world.. although I do very much like the package.. I'd like the FSBuild team to concentrate on the interface only.. I think the technical aspects of the package are fine..Initially.. I was very enthusiastic about FSX.. I believed that the new architecture of the package would improve the performance aspects of the simualtion and I would be able to run the simualtion on my machine which just 1 year ago was over

Craig Read, EGLL