Sign in to follow this  
Guest alex_th2

New Boeing 747-8 to be delivered in 2010

Guest alex_th2

So Boeing is (re-) launching its flagship, a newand modified version of the 747-400. Does anyoneknow sources where to find information aboutthis new plane and what will be the changes in the cockpit and instruments? I know this is quite OT, but anyway, the 747 is ourhobby and we should know what is happening in thefuture (hopefully PMDG will model the 747-8 by 2010 :-))Cheers,Alex

Alex,unfortunately not much is known in public about the flight deck and its systems. I guess it will be a mix of B787 and B744 systems to have as much commonality as possible with the B744, B787 and B777 (after all the B787 flight deck is derived from the B777).But we'll just have to wait and see what and when Boeing will release information beyond the airlines and training companies.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Alex,I've read in a magazine that the new flight deck is supposed to be 95% identical to the current 747-400 layout, with the only new element being a terrain profile display like in the Airbus 380.Even though I don't know their source, this would obviously make sense - considering that most airlines will simply upgrade their current fleet of -400s and don't want to invest in additional crew training.Regards,Holger