Sign in to follow this  
basa

737 and 747 RTE and RT2 files

Hello Boeing crews.This days I am starting my PMDG-747 experience after almost nine months flying the exceptional PMDG-737.I have two questions.1.- It seems the 737 saves flightplans in a *.RTE format while the 747 saves them in a *.RT2 format, and they look not being compatible. Any explanation or solution ?2.- I have not been able to change between BARO and RADIO minimums. When I click on the word "MINS" in the EFIS panel nothing happens, the selection remains always in BARO.Thanks in advance.Jose Luis

Jose,I don,t have an answer for the route file differences, but I think I saw that question asked in this forum about transfering route files between the 737 and the 747. Do a search there.As to your second question, click on the mins spot above the setting knob and then move the curser down slightly until you get the double arrow and then hold down your right mouse button and the radio altimeter display will appear to the upper left of the speed tape with the numbers increasing until you release the mouse button. You can then change your settings with the right or left mouse buttons at will. To return to Baro just click on the mins spot again. I you look closely you will see the black line on the top of the knob rotate back and forth.Kim

Thanks Kim.Your indication about BARO and RADIO has worked.But I have made a search about the compatibility of 737 and 747 routes and have found nothing...well, yes, some people asking the same question but it seems nobody knows anything about it.So, the problem is still there: the 747 does not load the 737 routes and the 737 does not load the 747 routes.Jose Luis.