Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 and xp

If you have a ASUS board, they usually have a built sound card that is enabled by default even if you have a sound card installed (this is how my asus a7v was).Try these settings in you bios.video shadowing DISABLEDany thing that might refrence to on board sound enabled. disable it.AGP fast writes OFF AGP 4X AGP drive mode AUTO AGP apeture size 128 MB or 256 but 128MB should be finein windows Turn off auto updates turn off system restore turn off all anti virus scanners (when running fs2002)get all the updates from windows updates except for via,sound and video drivers.Get the via drivers at viahardware.com.Install the 4 in 1 driver agp file in turbo mode.Get the nvidia drivers from either guru3d or nvidia.com along with GTU .Get the sound drivers from your soundcards homepage.After all this do a disk defrag and see how everything works.Good luck Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

fyi, I had a different problem, so it may not apply, but when I first built my current system, xp1700+, via kt266a chipset, diamond mx300 sound, I had freezeups. I uninstalled the sound card, and problems COMPLETELY went away. Using the dumb sound chip on the board for now, no problems for 3 months.Not that a bad sound performance would be an option for you given what you do with your studio, but proof that sound card interactions can indeed impact non sound functions.Bob B

Yes, I think it applies! Like I said, in the device-manager I still have an additional "audio+Game-controller" with yellow-! alerts, showing that drivers are missing. My vendor said that probably the onboard-soundchip is still enabled and have to switch one jumper. And if you say that you had freezeups that might be my solution (who knows) ! I have to find that jumper (music-studios are always very dark rooms), today I

>Get the via drivers at viahardware.com.Install the 4 in 1 >driver agp file in turbo mode. >thanks for the tips! One thing though, my vendor warned me NOT to install the VIA-AGP-drivers for the A7M266, just the other via-drivers (IDE etc.). The agp should come from AMD, which I already installed. What do you think?Thanks,

Boris,I think you should try another display adapter. I suspect that there is something wrong with your MSI GF4.Seriously, try even some low-perf PCI adapter and see what happens. I think this problem lies probably in a faulty display adapter. Other than that, you might want to download a diagnostic program called Sisoft Sandra, and check that all the performance figures match the ones that are supposed to come from a system like yours.Also 3Dmark2001SE run in default mode is a good test.Please go get those two programs and run the benchmarks and post the results of at least:Benchmarks from Sandra:- processor aritmethic- processor multimedia- memory bandwidth- 3DMark2001 SE, from madonion.com @ default settingsIf these banchmarks check good, then it's NOT a problem with your chipset or your drivers, but a compatibility problem with FS2002 and your new hardware / software.cheers,Tero

PPL(A)

Take your sound card off the motherboard and see how fs2002 is working, i suspect your soundcard very much, I had a problem with my fortissmoII that i could'nt use with games on my pc (with realplayer and so on working perfectly) until i got the new drivers released six months after i bought the pc...

Guest BC_KBOS

Howdy Boris!This may have slipped under the wire above, but the link to the article about the direct x snag is here:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q321178Copy the entire link above, the ";" thing truncates the link. The KB article is Q321178.It may not address your problem specifically, but it may help. Direct x tested ok for me prior to the hotfix, but FS2K would start and then suddenly stop when drawing scenery. After the fix, well, there is tip 2:Right click your FS2K shortcut, select properties and run in Win98/ME compatibility mode.The doubtful part is that I did both fixes at once, one or the other (or both) solved my problem.I know, one fix at a time, but...Rgrds,BC

Hi everyone,finally I had the time to update the bios, so let

I know you need your card to do music, but removing it for once will help you to discover where the problem is and therefore, finding the solution. If fs2k2 continue as before without the soudcard, you'll be sure it's not the sound card. With my limited computer experience, i can say that the most difficult is to find out where the problem is, not to resolve it. I believe that if fs2002 have this problem, you'll have the same with most of games.

Hey, thats a 100% increase in your framerates. I would kill for that!(just kidding)Mark Underwood(Adelaide, Australia)

Boris,Would you be kind enough and post the results of- Sandra processor benchmarks- Sandra memory benchmarks- 3DMark2001 SE @ default settingsI suggested you do this earlier, I'd like to see the results, please.I'm EXTRA interested in the memory and 3DMark results.cheers,Tero

PPL(A)

Camille, you were right. The audio card definitly is the problem. I deinstalled the drivers, removed the card and voil