Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 and xp

Boris, look in your device manager and see if your video card is being recognized properly. IF it shows a PCI card and yours is an AGP, the suggestion above about the VIA 4-in-one driver may be avery good one and if you haven't done it perhaps you should. Just a thought,Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

NO NO NO!!! Boris LIsten dammit,YOU HAVE AN AMD ANTHLON PROCESSOR, ALTHOUGH YOUR PROCESSOR CHIP IS MADE BY AMD YOUR CHIPSET IS MADE BY VIATECH AND THEY ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO WILL HAVE THE DRIVERS FOR YOUR CHIPSET. I'VE TRIED THE SEARCHES AT AMD I COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING. SO PLEASE GO TO WWW.VIATECH.COM. OR CONTACT YOUR PC VENDER AND ASK THEM WHO YOUR CHIPSET IS MADE BY AND THEN LOOK FOR UPDATES DON'T GIVE UP NOW!!EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONSPILOT 737:-grr ;)

BORIS DON'T TAKE MY MESSAGE PERSONALY I'M JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU AND KEEP YOU AWAY FROM GINVING UP THE SIMULATORS.GOOD LUCKPILOT 737

You want the Via 4in One drivers. This may well solve your problem. Hope so. Easy install; just click on the .exe and let it go. Hope this does it for youEd Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Guest Anticyclone

Boris,Did you activate the Transform and Lighting checkbox ? Normally all the GForce graphic cards handle this technology.(Options/Settings/Display/Hardware).Regards,

Guest Dean

I hate to disagree here guys but Boris is on the right track. He said he had an AMD chipset which is actually a hybrid that uses a VIA and an AMD chip to form the Northbridge and Southbridge. He needs the AGP driver for the AMD chipset and the 4in1 for the VIA.

Thank you guys again ... right now I

Just my bit again.Ok...with XP you get good drivers for the VIA IDE drivers with it anyway so you dont have to update those as I havent and got the same motherboard and never had the problems that poor Boris have.I only updated the AMD AGP driver which I posted on an earlier post here and well didnt seem to make much difference to me anyway as FS2002 worked fine before but its worth a try as of the problems that he has.The only thing I can think of is that the bios needs updating to 1007 as the readme from 1006 to 1007 bios from Amd said that the 1007 update fixed geforce 4 incompatibilties and the only other thing I can think of is that as his soundcard is quite high end and pro for musician purposes the PCI latency of the motherboard might be set up quite high so that might have an effect.I have the same problem with a DVStorm card by canopus and when you install it you have to make sure the PCI latency is 64 as it uses alot of resources. This is on a windows 2000 PC and Fs2002 doesnt run too well on that even though its dual processor Pentium 3 at 1ghz. Another thing to do is to check your bios settings and make sure you dont have your AGP aperture settings too low as if they are set too low then your graphics card wont work properly.Also make sure that your slew rate setting is set to 1 as thats the best setting that Ive read to use for XP processors with that motherboard.Another good place to look for advice is www.amdmb.comThey have good messageboard and also good hints on how to set the bios up for best performance. Hope it helps but at the moment Im wondering if your soundcard is the major problem here. Have you tried other games and what do they run like?Craig Kiltie

Just to clarify, this is what the bios update 1007 does1. Add Thoroughbred CPU as Athlon XPnaming.2. Add Geforce 4 VGA card supportfunction.But changing a bios can be scary so dont do it if you are not upto it.Craig

>But changing a bios can be scary so dont do it if you are >not upto it. Yes, that

Well your soundcard might not be a problem but Im just trying to eliminate things as its very odd what you are experiencing.The thing with bios updates though is that they normally fix things as they go along, I dont read too many stories of someone upgrading their bios and having more problems than before and as I said you can always go back to the 1006 again if you do have problems. Just wondering because you have the geforce 4 card and I remember people that had our motherboard having problems with the card when it first came out and then asus updated the bios to support it. As I dont have a geforce 4 on my PC I cant validate anything as Ive got a geforce 3 card.FOr information with my Athlon XP 2100 with all the settings on the game at Max I was getting mid 20s frame rates on the default meigs flights but it does slow down alot when AI planes are about or using 3rd party scenery. Interesting about the direct x tests...did you also run the direct sound tests? ...as I think fs2002 uses directsound and that might be why you can hear sound or it might be that you have direct x sound support on your card but doesnt support all the features of direct x...maybe just enough support for sound file sound playback in windows.. Im not sure though...You would need to talk with the sound card manufacturers for that information but then as you say your game wasnt built for playing games but for music making.Craig