Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spader

747 Problems

Guest Spader

I am having some major problems with the Queen:1) All of the gauges on the First Officer side of the cockpit are unusable. The LCD, FMC, and Radio displays are black, and all of the controls are unresponsive.2) The Speed and heading knobs on the MCP are unresponsive; I turn them, but nothing happens.Could these problems be caused by the fact that I installed the 737-800/900 add-on a week ago? I had the 737-600/700 installed before the Queen, but not the -800/900.

Guest truckinflyboy

That could be your problem. You need to uninstall all the pmdg addons and then reinstall them in the correct order. 737-600/700,737-800/900 and then the Queen.I believe there is a post concerning the order to install everything. You might do a search to get the information 1st hand, but I believe I am correct.Hope this was of help to you.

JM-That would likely be the problem. ;-)You need to uninstall (completely- like "run the uninstallers" and then go in and manually delete any reference to the airplanes that you find in your FS9/Aircraft directory....)Then you can start reinstalling in the following order:1) 737-600/7002) 737-800/9003) 747-4004) 747-400FHope that gets you running again...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Spader

This would require me reinstalling the newer AIRAC versions, correct? I would have to delete the FMCWP folder in my Flightsimulator 2004 directory?

Guest Spader

And do I ust delete the 737 folders? There aren't any uninstallers for the 600/700 and 800/900.

Guest Spader

The 747 folder won't delete. I have uninstalled the 737-600/700 and -800/900 and the 747, but the PMDG 747-400 foler in my FS2004/aircraft won't delete. It says that texture.LH is being used by another person or program WHEN IT IS NOT! How do I get around this problem?PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE ME, LIKE YOU DID WITH MY LAST TWO POSTS.

Generally, a restart will fix that problem. Microsoft likes to do that will all kinds of different files and folders. Try logging off and logging back on first. Then try to delete the folder.If that doesn't work, try shutting down completely, turning it back on and then deleting the file.If that doesn't work, let someone know and we'll try to help.Please have patience - no posts doesn't mean the problem is being ignored. It probably means either nobody has seen the post, or nobody can help.As for the other questions, you might want to back up your current AIRAC cycle and SID/STARS by zipping it up and leaving it somewhere you'll remember where it is. Then, after everything has been reinstalled, overwrite the databases and .txts so your AIRAC and SID/STARS are back up to date.Cheers,Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

Guest Spader

All right; thank you.Reinstalling has fixed the problems. Thank you for your support.

Guest fyrestrtr

Do other add on aircraft have to be installed after this, or is this only for PMDG aircraft? I believe this may help my issues with the 747 as well.

Guest Spader

WAIT!!! The problem persists!Would it have anything to do with the fact that I shut off my engines before pushback?

Guest Spader

Anybody? Can anybody help me? Am I going to lose the $55 I spent on this beautiful bird?Would it be the British Airways textures?

>WAIT!!! The problem persists!>>Would it have anything to do with the fact that I shut off my>engines before pushback?At the risk of asking something stupid...Do you have the APU running or some other AC power source when you shut down all the engines? Otherwise I think it's normal you'll loose all the F/O instruments when on battery only.Also try to describe your situation in more detail...Do you also have the two problems above when loading the 744 from the 'Create a flight' wizard or is it only when you try to get everything up from cold and dark?Sylvain

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

"Do you have the APU running or some other AC power source when you shut down all the engines?"Not only AVAILable, but manually selected to ON (prior to engine shutdown).You can't run an entire aircraft on Battery+Standby power ;)I'm sure the manual should tell you things like this.Cheers.Q>

Guest Spader

And the unresponsive MCP instruments?

The Autopilot does not work without main bus power. The MCP is powered by Main Bus #2 or #3 DC power.Hope this helps.Cheers.Q>