Sign in to follow this  
Guest whoispankaj

PMDG Type rating course 4 problems

Guest whoispankaj

Hi Guys,I am practising the PMDG type rating course 4..I have never faced this problem before..Here are the steps that i follow:1) Select Clb-2 for the climb thrust in the FMC.2) Set brakes to RTO3) Bring up thrust to 70%4) Hit TOGA.5) At Vr I rotate6) As soon as V2 callout happens the plane starts honking...I have cheked for the possibility of tailstrike but there is no tail strike..I always face this problem when I restart the lesson with autopilot engaged from prev flight lesson..I mean i fly the lesson and engage the autopilot at 1000 ft AGL and level out at 5000 ft.If this is the first time I am flying after starting FS then there is no honking sound after rotation.But after flying the lesson on autopilot and then restarting the lesson it starts honking at V2 callout...The same does not happen if i don't fly the previous TRC 4 course on autopilot..Many a times i just rotate the plane and climb manually to 1000 ft and then restart..But i don't face this problem after doing this..It is only when i have put the plane on autopilot and then restarted the lesson...It never happened before...I have tried various combinations to see what is causing this problem and arrived at the conclusion which i have written above...I also tried under rotating the plane..But if it is the first flight for TRC4 then it is fine or restart from prev flight(with autopilot).If you need any further info then please let me know..Will take a video of it and post...

Guest dajackman

What plane and what flap setting are you using?(Robby)

Guest whoispankaj

hey,it's 747-400 (Queen of the Skies)and i am using the same files which are in the TRC4.The flap settings are 10 degrees.I am using the same tutorial files(.sav etc) supplied by PMDG in their TRC Course 4.

Guest whoispankaj

Has it got anything to do with the installation of FSX???

Guest gentrrm

I had this same thing happen to me yesterday. I was on a flight with AP engaged and decided to restart my flight due to other issues. I'm not sure if the "honking" started when V2 was called out, but it happened right in that time frame. I too thought a tail strike had occurred but ruled it out because I know I didn't exceed the "tail strike pitch". Of course clicking on the "Caution or Warning" light buttons on the glare shield turned off the "honking". The frustrating part was that the caution or warning lights never came on and I had to deal with the noise for about 5 minuets while I tried to figure out what was going on. I finally clicked on the non-illuminated button and the honking stopped.Rick

Guest whoispankaj

Thanx for the workaround...It didn't appear to me to click the caution button as it never illuminated...So is it some sort of a bug ...May be the PMDG guys can help...

Guest alex_th2

>Thanx for the workaround...It didn't appear to me to click>the caution button as it never illuminated...So is it some>sort of a bug ...>May be the PMDG guys can help...Hi,happened to me too several times. No clue why this happens but it does not really disturb the flight...seems to be a bug (sorry, one again...).Cheers,Alex

Guest mcalpinep

I have seen exactly the same problem, a bit of a pain to reach for the mouse to silence the alarm when all hands are busy on the Saitek X52.

Guest whoispankaj

It seems that some of the state is maintained from previous flight when we restart the flight and it conflicts with the state that should be proper for the take off configuration and hence that honking...

had same problem. problem appears for me after using TRC saved flights. My solution: 1)before starting the takeoff roll, toggle the AP disengage bar to "reset" AP state. Errant honking problem solved (for me at least). 2) Once you have a stable "base cold & dark" flight. Use this as a base to build the same scenarios as the TRCs. Refrain from loading the saved TRC flights.Side note. It has been my experience that saving flights and restoring flights is inconsistant. VC not appearing, honking on takeoff, a few saved parameters such as RTO, APU setting come to mind. My hope is that with FSX, the new 747-400 FSX version will be cleaner.Scott