Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmanaon

AIRAC Problems

Guest tmanaon

I just downloaded and installed the latest AIRAC (0613) from Navdata. This morning, i went to fly from EGLL to KJFK and noticed that i had no data on my FMS for EGLL - no runways, SIDS or STARS. But i had data for KJFK. Anyone know how i can get my EGLL data back? Thanks.Anthony

First, you should know that, currently, SIDS and STARS are not part of the AIRAC. In the future Navigraph is planning to add SIDs and STARs. Right now you can get a good collection of procedures for US airports from www.planepath.com and look at www.navdata.at for other airports.

Dave Paige

Guest tmanaon

How about runway information? When i installed 0613, it looks like it took out my existing information for EGLL on my FMS. Is there a way to restore this?Anthony

Anthony: David pointed out that sidstars are not part of airac because runways depend on sidstars and airac data. Unless you have a file named EGLL.txt in your ..../PMDG/SIDSTARS directory your FMC won't recognize EGLL including runways. As far as removing existing information goes, Heathrow is in 0613 airac but installing airac data in the /FMCWP/NAVDATA directory should have no affect on sidstar info. Please check to see if you have EGLL.txt; if not then you can get it from http://navdata.atHope this helps

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest nicam

In simple terms your AIRAC cycle must match your SIDS/STAR cycle.Michael

Guest tmanaon

Thanks guys.Dan, i installed the AIRAC cycle 0613 that i got from navdata.at. I am a little confused by the explanation you guys have provided. Prior to my downloading and installing the 0613 AIRAC, i had the 0609 AIRAC on my system (that was the last time i downloaded it) and all my airports (including EGLL) were fine. Then i downloaded and installed AIRAC 0613 yesterday from navdata.at and all of a sudden i start having problems with my FMS data. I just noticed tonight that O'hare (KORD) data - runways, SIDS and STARS - are also missing from my FMS. I defininitely had O'hare data before i installed 0613. So i am not sure how 0613 is not my problem. I got it from the Navdata site (i paid for my subscription) so i presume i got the genuine thing. What went wrong? Please help.Anthony

Guest tmanaon

Never mind guys,After seeing this post by Michael, i got it. I went over to navdata.at and downloaded the SIDS and STARS for the missing airports and everything is back up and running. This stuff is addictive and obsessive . I feel like a junkie must feel after getting his fix.Thanks guys.Anthony

Guest nicam

Lol, My wife sometimes complains to me, but I say would you rather my be at a pub drinking with the boys or home flying the Queen!She really though I was weird when I start saying Qantas19 request IFR..... (on vatsim)Michael

Anthony: The airac installer stays away from the sidstar files, kept in a different location; however, the sidstar procedures are dependent on data in the airac files. They are separate, but the FMC relies on both sources to agree. For example, the sidstar file declares runways, and the airac file wpNavAPT.txt contains the runway data. Also, the sidstar file declares fix names but navaids are defined in the airac file wpNavAID.txt.When you jumped from cycle 0609 to 0613 you spanned a lot of changes, I'm not sure what they were at KORD but in that time at other locations there were runways that changed numbers, new runways and lots of changes/deletions to procedures. All it takes is one glitch at a location and the FMC will not use it. I recommend you also download 0613 data from http://planepath.com (for US locations)See also my article on SIDSTARS in PMDG OPS: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARSHope this clears things up for you.

Dan Downs KCRP