Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

747-400 co -ROUTE QUESTION

Thei is a prepurchase question.Looked over all the FAQ's etc. It would appear one has to know exactly the name of the Co Route to pull it up and activate, which is to say there is no way to pull up a list in the FMC like other companies implement and then choose one and activate it.There was mention that PMDG was going to develop a utility to do this.Has this occurred?if not is there some practical way to print all of the possible routes to know how to pull them in easily?Thanks,Greg

Greg Clark

This isn't as big a problem as you think, the FMC provides a list of all routes by name and you simply pick the one you want. The routes are named with icao codes; however, you can rename them (they are just files) in any manner you wish to use. The pick list is within the FMC page structure.Secondly, I have found that stored routes are not the total answer since routes do change with weather and changes to navdata.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

>The pick list is within the FMC page structure.Ive never seen any of that before on the PMDG 747-400? I always have to get the file name correct, never got a list to choose from.

No kiddin.. I believe you but I'm surprised. The 737 does this; well, you know what they say about assumptions. Sorry.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest nicam

DanThis is news to me, could you please tell me exactly how to access the routes list in the FMC.ThanksMichael

You get a CO ROUTE list in the 737 FMC, but not in the 747 FMC.And here comes the question I have been asking the last days without having an answer: Is there any way to make compatible the route *.RTE files of the 737 and the *.RT2 files of the 747 ???Please, anyone who is in the knowing...ThanksJose Luis

Michael: As pointed out, the 747 doesn't have a list function (I find that rather strange but two different programs with lots of differences apparently). The 737 function is found by selecting >INDEX >NAV DATA followed by FLT PLNS< using LSB/RSB keys. Once the list is displayed, the flightplan is loaded into the scratch pad line by selecting the LSB next to it, then return to the RTE page and past it to the CO ROUTE line... no guesswork.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest fyrestrtr

Along the same lines, I found that there is no option called 'save route'.In the 737, its a bit more obvious.I spent 5 minutes trawling the FMC till I figured out its called 'RTE COPY' (or something like that) in the 1st page you get at the RTE screen.Also, its named DEPTARRIV0001 (where DEPT and ARRIV are your airports).Additionally, if you update your procedures/navdata, most of the pre-installed routes will have invalid or missing waypoints.Although the list is quite comprehensive with 382 plans.