Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

speed slowly creeping up?

I'm doing a flight right now (and to post this i alt-tabbed, and it wont go back into FS9 now :(, so I might have to abandon the flight :() but I have the vnav speed on, and you can see where its supposed to be, but the plane keeps creeping forward with the speed... the engines arent decreasing power to make up for it... as you can see i'm already above the speed I should be at and i'm gaining a knot every 3-4 seconds...fs92007021301113353tm3.jpgany reason for this? can't figure it out

ARGH! #####!!! i finally alt-tab and guess what! i'm back on the ramp!B) B) B) B) :( B) :( :( B) B) B) B) B) B) B) maybe plane went overspeed while typing this and it turned and blew up

wow interesting... does that turn off by itself sometimes? I swear it was on!look at the switch though, at is switched on?

"wow interesting... does that turn off by itself sometimes? I swear it was on!look at the switch though, at is switched on?"The A/T is ARMED, but there is no active mode. Alt-Tabbing may have triggered this event. There is probably an official RW procedure for re-engaging the A/T, but you could just try selecting SPD mode, then switching back to VNAV.Cheers.Q>

Emir,What Quavion said. I'll just add that you should be able to re-engage the A/T mode just by pressing the VNAV button. To avoid problems like this make it a habit to regularly check the Flight Mode Annunciator (FMA) area at the top of the PFD. Hope it helps,

Wow, and you have a pretty strong wind form the right: 116 knots !!!Are you using any weather addon, or is it FS default weather ?Jose Luis

I see a solution has been posted, but I just thought I'd add to the thread by stating I have had this happen to me on about a dozen occasions over the life of the product and I have never managed to work out what causes it.It's quite an insidious issue too - because the thrust simply stops adjusting to maintain speed, it might be that N1 is only 1% too high, so the speed VERY slowly increases. Plus it doesn't trigger an A/T disconnect warning either. I've never seen it cause a decrease in speed, only an increase.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I've seen the A/T Mode go blank many times but also noticed it's when a menu or something is opened. You know every time your engines suddenly pull back to idle them move back up to power? Sometimes your engines actually flame out for a second (and sometimes the don't all relight) and I think this causes the A/T Mode to disengage. It might be some sort of safety built into the aircraft. Or it could be a bug. Who knows.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

This will pretty much always happen on my setup if/when i use time compression at 4X or above. This also causes the throttle problem that Ryan mentioned.I find that turning on 'wind smoothing' in FSUIPC helps quite a lot.

Ryan:I think you are correct. I have observed that from time to time when I switch views, for example, the A/T function in the 744 will disconnect whilst in CRZ and the FMA will be blank in the top left when I get back in the cockpit. Normally, I just re-press VNAV and all is well, but sometimes that does not work perfectly and I need to hit SPD/VS or some such thing and then re-hit VNAV. I have a very big FS9 fleet with a large number of commercial add-ons that do not use the default MSFS autopilot and I don't think that a single one of them does not have some kind of glitchiness or twitchiness associated with them in some way or other. None of them is a "deal-killer", but one has to know every aircraft and its idiosyncracies very well indeed in order not to be surprised at FL350 !Jonathan

Emir:It CAN and DOES happen even with the A/T switched ON (see my other post in this thread).Jonathan