Sign in to follow this  
Guest ckemp100

The Queen Doesn't Like Something in the Background!

Guest ckemp100

I have been having lots of dramas with the 747 since I installed it.At first it seemed to be AOK but after a number of successful flights it started going crazy part way through a flight. All sorts of things would happen like first a Cabin Altitude Alert for which I could not find a reason then the PFD and NAV displays in the Capt 2D cockpit would blank but they would still be apparently functioning in their pop-up modes. All would seem to be working when I switch to F/O but when I switched back to the Capt panel it was totally blank! Then....wait for it.....the alarm horn started and engines 1 and 4 dropped back to idle and just about every amber light on the upper panel was on. Of course, I had no control whatsoever over the A/C which left me nothing to do but abort the flight.I have absolutely no failures enabled so all this had to be something in my system causing it to go mad.After much ado I finally installed EndItAll2 and killed all background processes before using the 747. This fixed it.Now, after many successful post EndItAll flights A new behaviour has suddenly appeared; the 747 won't load at all, it crashes FS9 to the desktop usually after loading the nav data (and scenery if I try to load from a saved flight which previously worked).I had installed 3 programs before the CTD problem appeared; AnyDVD, CloneDVD2 and Virtual Clone Drive. I have now uninstalled them but the problem still exists.Does anybody know of any background programs or services that interfere with the 747?

Try a search for sptd.sys and removal on Google. Some of these CD burner programs will install it and leave it under the Windows folder somewhere and not uninstall it. It is a permanent driver that will conflict with offline defrags and Acronis hard-drive backups. Other than that, I have no idea.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

You weren't using time accelleration where you? On MSFS? This will cause that kind of behaviour if it's pushed too far.. Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest ckemp100

No acceleration. I have fixed it by uninstalling the Queen and reinstalling it.I was playing around with the CPU Core voltage setting in the BIOS to reduce the operating temp a bit. I assume one of the crashes of my system corrupted something even though I was not at any time running FS or the Queen.God bless,Bernie