Sign in to follow this  
Guest dodullo

Frame Rate on 747-400

Guest dodullo

I've noted a problem using the PMDG 747-400.I purchased a new 19" monitor and I'm using the older monitor as a second monitor to show other windows (like overhead, thrust, FMS, and so on).Using only one monitor, I have, in cruise phase, 25-30 fps and in final approach (using addon scenery like LAGO Rome) 15-18 fps. If I use two monitor (the overhead panel open in the older monitor) or if I open the overhead panel in using only one monitor, the frame rate decrease to < 10 fps (sometimes < 5 fps).I'd like to ask to PMDG 747 users if you have noted the same problem.Thanks in advance.Regards

Guest abulaafia

This is entirely dependent on your graphic card, which has to service two monitors. I use an ATI 1900X with two digital outputs connected to two Viewsonic monitors. The difference in frame rate between single and dual monitor, using the Queen with AS6 weather is about 10%. My old graphic card with a nVidia 6800 chip couldn't handle the two monitors. Also, you should have the same resolution on both monitors for better performance.

Guest dodullo

Thank you for your reply.I'd like to inform you that I have the same problem using one monitor too. Anytime I open the overhead panel, frame rate decrease drammatically.Any suggestion?

Guest Peter Lloyd

HiYou may want to look at a new motherboard which supports multiple graphics cards. The Asus P5W64-WS supports multiple PCIE graphics cards apparently - may be the answer to your problem.RegardsPeter

I had that problem, the only solution for me to get that plane to run smoothly was to get a new computer, for some reason, my old computer more than met the specs PMDG had listed, but something about the overhead panel and switching views in 2D mode really made the frames go crazy, and it stuttered worse than any other plane. Anyway I have a Core2Duo now and it's very smooth.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD