Sign in to follow this  
Guest Totalbeginner

PMDG/FSUIPC Error

Guest Totalbeginner

After hearing such good things on here about FSUIPC, I decided to purchase a registration key. Entered the number and was told to re-start MSFS in order to complete the setup process. Now whenever I try to start MSFS I get a message that says:"PMDG ERROR" You need FSUIPC v3.48 or later. Microsoft Flight Simulator will now close!" I can't access MSFS at all now and don't know what to do. Please help!Regards,Martin Neep

Go to your FSmodules folder. Right click on FSUIPC.dll and click on Properties. Click on version. What does it say?If the version is not current for some reason, download the version 3.71 from here:www.schiratti.com/dowsonand try your key, tied to the e-mail address you ordered under.Registration requires a version 3.65 or later but you should install 3.71. You may have to delete your older FSUIPC.ini and let it rebuild when you start FS. The open the general tab by following the described process and perform registration again only if you still have a problem. Make sure if there is a fsuipc.key file in the modules folder to make a safe copy.

Guest Totalbeginner

>Yeah - you didn't install the FSX (4.x) version did you?NoI've done all of the above and now I'm able to get back into MSFS. I now have another problem. PMDG keeps crashing to the desktop. It's happened 3 times now. Once when I tried to select a COMM freq and the second when I chose APTS on the EFIS control panel.

Did you copy all the files of the FSUIPC Ver 3.71 zip file into your Modules folder? Try deleting these two files and let FSUIPC rebuild them; FSUIPC.INI and FSUIPC.LOG.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.SSTSIM.com

Guest Totalbeginner

Agghhh, this is getting very frustrating!Haven't had a CDT so maybe that's solved. I've set up a few assignements using FSUIPC, i.e Autopilot and Autothrust via the yoke and the mixture axis as reverse thrust, but when I re-start MSFS it remembers the default assignemtns for some reason. I've deleted the mixture axis in MSFS and saved it, but when I restart it reversts back, so that when I choose RT (as assigned by FSUIPC) because I'm using the mixture axis it cuts the fuel off. Why won't it remember that I deleted this axis. It's also defaulting back the sensetivities, so I've lost all of my calibrations!