Sign in to follow this  
basa

Better PMDG performance...and FS9 too

Hello, this is only to transmit you a very positive experience:I run FS9 in a humble Acer Centrino laptop with an Intel integrated video card. A very simple system as you can see, but I always have had an acceptable performance. I have my FPS locked at 16 (enough for the eyes), and the only things that brings them down (to about 11) are some complex sceneries.I have been running the PMDG-737/800/900 without problems.Only after installing THE QUEEN last week I noticed that when changing to outside views ("S" key), it took perhaps 2 seconds to "paint" the aircraft (of course I use DXT3 textures).Let me say that I do not use the V/C, my screen and my system are not prepared for that. Yesterday, in the PMDG FAQ section I read abut getting better PC performance. One of the things they say is that drive defragmenting should help a lot, and they recommend O&O defrag tool.Well, I downloaded a free O&O defrag trial version and ran the automatic defrag process.And yes, the results in reduction of FS9 loading time, PMDG aircraft loading time, and above all in view change ("S" key) time and "aircraft painting" time, are very noticeable.Try it and you will see.Jose Luis.

I have a two-part harddisk ( C: and D:) of 34=17+17 gigas.I left the computer running the defrag at night. I presume it took about 5 or 6 hours.Jose Luis