Sign in to follow this  
rservice

747 fmc problems

I recently had to reinstall FS9, and for the most part everything is OK, however, the FMC now does not recognize ICAO codes or previously saved routes. Do I have to somehow reinitialize the FMC data base or reinstall. Any suggestions appreciated.Ron

Ron Service

Concerning the previously saved routes, did you backup your routes before the re-installation? If not they are probably gone.As far as the ICAO codes, sounds like something didn't go right with the intallation of the Nav Data. How did you reload it?

OK, I reinstalled the 747 and seems to be working normally. Do we have to follow a special procedure to load new SIDSTAR data files?Ron

Ron Service

See: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_...e_my_navdata.3FThe actual "loading" of sidstars is either via an installer that Terry Yingling provides when you download his files from planepath.com or simply moving the files (they are just text files, one for each ICAO code) into /PMDG/SIDSTARS.Check out my collection of 48 US locations, available in the AVSIM library. Current cycle is 0702 (15Feb-15Mar), updates every 28 days.

Dan Downs KCRP

Make sure your SID/STARS are in sync with the nav data. Loading 0702 of the SID/STARS with an older version of nav data could have unpredictable results.