Sign in to follow this  
Guest zsoltszivak744

HELP, CTD AFTER DEFRAG

Guest zsoltszivak744

Hello all, I am experiecing some strange things here. I downloaded the O&O defrag tool and tried it. After the first defrag my FS9 performance was the worst I ever had. Very slow and unflyable. I then performed a system restore. This time I tried to load the 744 and got an error message saying the PMDG Sound processor wouldn't load, and FS9 closed. I then defragged again, got good loading time and performance but as I tried to pan around in the 2D cockpit of the 744, FS9 locked up and crashed. Please, please help. Best regards: Zsolt Szivak

Zsolt,I'm not really aware of any way that defragging could cause the problems you're describing. The only possibility I can really think of would be if your hard disk was already corrupted in some way (either physically or in terms of the MFT/metadata) and then the defrag messed something up when it moved files around. Several of us at PMDG use O&O with no problems at all. (I use PerfectDisk 8 personally though)What you can try doing is running Windows' built-in utility for checking and repairing the disk's file structure:Go to Start/Run and type "chkdsk C: /f" without the quotes. Hit enter and it'll probably prompt you to restart your computer, at which point it'll run its scan and fix any errors it finds. After that, try defragging again with the /NAME option and see if things are better.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest zsoltszivak744

Thanks Ryan, runs like a champ now, it may have had something to do with the fact that I defragged with one of the other options. I ran chkdsk but it didn't seem like it did much. Thanks for the quick response. Have a great weeekend.Best Regards: Zsolt