Sign in to follow this  
Guest Denton

Sound Problem with the 737 600/700

Guest Denton

Hello everyone,Recently, I've been encountering a problem I need some help with. When I use the 737NG, the sound changes from the normal engine/atc/wind noise to a harsh static that drowns out all other sound. Sometimes, I can make the normal sound return by constantly switching between normal/virtual cockpit/tower views until the sound normalizes, but other times I can't fix it.My soundcard is a Radeon 9800 pro...are there any known problems with this card and PMDG? If I use other add-ons, they work without sound problems.Thanks!

Guest dugm

>Hello everyone,>>Recently, I've been encountering a problem I need some help>with. When I use the 737NG, the sound changes from the normal>engine/atc/wind noise to a harsh static that drowns out all>other sound. Sometimes, I can make the normal sound return by>constantly switching between normal/virtual cockpit/tower>views until the sound normalizes, but other times I can't fix>it.>>My soundcard is a Radeon 9800 pro...are there any known>problems with this card and PMDG? If I use other add-ons,>they work without sound problems.>>Thanks!I had the very same problem a while ago, it only happend with FS9 and no other game. I was using an old creative SB live audio card and that appeard to be the problem. After testing with standard on board ac97 sound ,no further static. Maybe you could try another sound card . I had to buy another one as onboard sound obviously isnt the long term solution.

Guest Denton

Sorry about mentioning my video card. My sound card is indeed a Soundblaster Live! 5.1I'm hoping that there's a way to resolve this issue without replacing the card entirely??

Guest dugm

hmm thats weird , same card and problem that I had . I did try latest drivers but did not help. I have not tried with Vista yet , maybe I should give it a go. I have noticed that vista RC1 not even full release with Beta drivers was faster with better FPS in FS9 and FSX than XP with the same hardware.