Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

Reverse Thrust Issue on the 747

Hi Gang.I have been meaning to ask this for a while now.I have noticed that when using the queen I can't use the reverse thrust to slow down after landing.I can get the spoilers to auto deploy etc, but the reverse thrust just moves the engine cowling's back momentarily, then they return to the original closed position.I have tried this when on full auto-land, and by going fully manual, both with the AP speed hold on, and off.I am using the latest version of FSUIPC, and the X52 is fully calibrated.this does not happen with my other add-on aircraft, so I'm wondering if I have missed something.Many Thanks.PS, how many different liverys are there for the Air Force 1 Queen, I thought there were a few alternative textures for it, but I could only find one.Thanks again.

I periodically have the same problem and it's directly linked back to my peripherals. Not sure why but joysticks and yokes that have throttle control sometimes do not go to 0% when putting the throttle in the idle position but will hover around 1-2%. This causes the reverse to not work properly, as you stated in your post. The quick solution I've found is to unplug the joystick/yoke and plug it back in in-game.- Tim Schaff

Hi Tim.I tried this last night, but no luck.I am confused as to why this is happening, and what I can do to rectify the issue, as I do enjoy flying this bird enormously.Thanks again.

I had this same problem when I first started flying the Queen. It turned out that there's some sort of problem between the Anti-Ice system and the engines. Before touchdown, make sure your Anti-Ice is off. I don't remember if it was just NAI or both NAI and WAI. You can test that.As for the Air Force 1 Queen, do you mean the frieghter or the Air Force 1 livery it self? If it is AF1, then PMDG has their own texture set but either way, AF1 is a 747-200 and no glass cockpit. It is still neat to fly with the livery but I wish the Cockpit was correct.EDIT: I just found the old topic about the reversers. Have a look. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...02763&mode=fullRyan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Hi Ryan,Thank you for the heads up on the icing issue, I would have never thought about that, as all of my other add-on a/c are fine with me using the throttle on the X52 for reverse thrust.I will try another flight tonight and let you know.

Hi again Ryan.well, it worked a treat, thanks again for the information.all I did was to turn off the engine de-ice on the last mile before t/d and I had the use of full r/t again, marvellous.PS do you have any links to the different AF1 liveries for the queen, I know it's a 200B in real life, but hey.all I can seem to find is just one livery.Thanks again.

Hey Steve,Glad to hear you have reverse thrust again!As for AF1, if you look on Avsim using "PMDG Air Force One", several liveries will come up. You could also try "PMDG VC 25". This does bring up some other Air Force liveries, but a majority of them will be AF1. Just make sure "PMDG" is with anything else you type in or else you'll get a bunch of liveries for any aircraft.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg