Sign in to follow this  
Guest JJ57

744 Displays CRT OR LCD control

Guest JJ57

Hello Again, Been playing around with the 744 and 744FI have notice that the 744 has the standard cockpit with the CRT diaplays, old standby gauges, and the MCP with Speed Tapes.The 744F has the LCD displays with the LCD IFSD and LCD MCP Panel.Ok, on the PMDG menu in FS9, on the 744F model, it shows that the LCD is selected, and "grayed out" as you can't change it.On the 744, it gives you the option in the PMDG menu for CRT or LCD dispalys, it always starts on CRT, however if you select LCD, it does not change. I even tried to exit and restart, and still, the same results.Is this is way is't supposed to be?

Maybe this will help... I typed LCD Display ("subject only" in advanced search), and came up with this..."The Display Type option in the PMDG dialog window is saved in your PMDG747400gauges.ini file.The setting is called:747400_DisplayType=1 (it's in the CRT section)If that setting is 0, change it to 1, save the file and restart the app. This would happen if you used CRT-style displays for the 400Pax, and restarted into the Cargo version... (If we come up with a later update, I'll make sure that it gets reset when you load the -F automatically).Best,Lefteris KalamarasPrecision Manuals Development Group"Wasn't sure if this was applicable to the -F only (?)Hope this helps.Cheers.Q>

Guest JJ57

Whoops, Well I did find something out. With the 744 Pax, the CRT/LCD display switch in the menu DOES change the dispalys, if you read the manual, it does show that the displays are different from CRT and LCD.(such as the way the LOC and G/S are presented)The displays change, The COCKPIT DOES NOT!!!In reading the manual I got confused as the 744F has the LCD displays with the single LCD Stanby display, and the LCD autopilot, this is standard in the 744F, and can't be cahnged.In the 744 Pax, the Cockpit DOES NOT change if you switch it to the LCD option from the CRT option, The CRT's DO change to LCD's if switched, however the cockpit still retains the 3 steam standby gauges, as well as the speed tape autopilot.Thanks again for your help.

Hi, it would be interesting an answer from PMDG. I have asked it two times in the past, and never got a response. It