Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightgamer

LNAV not handing waypoints off to the next

Guest flightgamer

hello alli love my pmdg, however, i am about to pull the last strand of hair out of my head........ here is my issuewhen i turn LNAV on on the ground, it easily finds the route i entered into the legs page...... but once im airborne and pass my first way point, it doesn't "uncheck" the way point i just passed...... it continues to my next way point great, but once my plane passes the second way point, it just turns the plane around and heades back to my still "checked" previous way point....... here is an example of what happenslets say i take off from KLAX and am going to my first way point, SLI then to my second, DAG....... the way point SLI will remain "checked" (im saying the "star" type thing, will remain red and not pass the "red" off to the next one) even after i pass it...... then when i get to the white way point DAG, the aircraft will pass it then make a hard turn back to the still checked SLI way point........WHAT AM I DOING WRONG......... in my Level-D, when i pass each VOR or Inter. on my route, it immediately hands the "red" off to the next way point on my route and i turn towards itis this a known issue, please helpkylanx( ;( :-mad :-grr :-fume :-hang :-8 :-newburn :-sae thanks :-shy

It has something to do with the procedures - simply DIR TO the next available wpt on the LEGS page. Best,Randy J. Smith<<>>

I agree with Randy. I hope you're not using my sidstars for klax; if so, then please let me know which departure you are using. The common depature used is LOOP, which heads West then loops back to LAX VOR then pass a few fixes then DAG. The others, like GABRE LAXX and the new OSHNN (RNAV) don't seem to be used as often as LOOP.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Peter Lloyd

Kylan - do you have the route activated? Sounds a dumb question but the most obvious one.If you get stuck on the first waypoint again perhaps the easiest thing is to call up the FMC LEGS page then download waypoint 2 to the scratch pad, upload it to 1L and (so it becomes the next active waypoint) and hit ACTIVATE. I had a similar problem with using flight plans generated by FS9, where the first waypoint is simply too close to hit.If you could upload a screenshot of the NAV screen with the LEGS page we may be able to offer some better guidance for you. Hang in there, bud - its still the best airplane in the sim world.Peter

Guest flightgamer

lets say you go from KLAX to KORD...... can you write what the FMC legs page should consist of......??????? (sorry, no pic available) :)

Guest Steve_Park

1st Kaylan, you need to read a good tutorial on flying the B744 and setting up the FMS for flight. 2nd, you should be entering you flight plan on the Route pages, not the leg pages. Corrections and addmendments can be done on the legs page after the route is entered. The attached photo's are for a flight from KLAX to KORD that AA filed from Flightaware.com:Steve Park

Kylan-For a good flight planner- I recommed the following site:http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/When you generate a plan from this site- it will give you a plan output that looks like this:Cruise altitude between FL330 and FL330KLAX (0.0nm) -SID-> DAG (109.3nm) -J100-> MISEN (121.4nm) -J100-> CLARR (170.8nm) -J100-> LAS (205.8nm) -J146-> ISAAK (256.0nm) -J146-> NOOTN (299.5nm) -J146-> BETHL (345.7nm) -J146-> DVC (522.1nm) -J197-> HGO (779.5nm) -J24-> SELLS (800.6nm) -J24-> OATHE (864.9nm) -J24-> HYS (982.6nm) -J24-> SLN (1060.1nm) -J96-> AGENT (1192.9nm) -J96-> KIDER (1228.0nm) -J96-> IRK (1304.1nm) -STAR-> KORD (1543.4nm) Details:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------ID FREQ TRK DIST Coords Name/RemarksKLAX 0 0 N33

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

> KLAX SID DAG J100 LAS J146 DVC J197 HGO J24 SLN J96 IRK STAR>KORD Explain to me how you do this please. From which page in the FMC do you type in this line?RegardsFRED

Fred,You need to go read the sections in the manual about the RTE and LEGS functions in the FMC. The VIA and TO columns on the RTE page 2 specifically are what you would use to enter in airway based flight plans such as this.One note - where it says SID and STAR in that plan, you'll need to figure out which one to use (ATC would normally assign it for you.) In this case I'm pretty sure you'd be using the LOOP4 departure out of LAX and the BDF5 arrival into ORD.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest flightgamer

thank you all for your attentivness and willingness to help me and anyone else out....... now i go read :Dhave a good one

>Fred,>>You need to go read the sections in the manual about the RTE>and LEGS functions in the FMC. The VIA and TO columns on the>RTE page 2 specifically are what you would use to enter in>airway based flight plans such as this.>>One note - where it says SID and STAR in that plan, you'll>need to figure out which one to use (ATC would normally assign>it for you.) In this case I'm pretty sure you'd be using the>LOOP4 departure out of LAX and the BDF5 arrival into ORD.Great, I thought it was possible to enter this as one line but reading it from left to right entering it in the route page, it is presented as a logical statement and makes the entries easy. Do I assume correctly here?RegardsFRED

Guest flightgamer

i figured it out.....i was not putting the airways like J80 or Q102, instead, i was putting in DIRECT to all the intersections........i finally got it :D well, im having some VNAV and VS problems.....ill see if i can figure it out......VNAV is very hard.......thanks gentlemensee you in the cyber skieskylan

Guest corte

Hello Folks;I need someones'help. I just purchased the PMDG 747-400 product and have been experiencing similar "like" problems with the FMC.1)When flying from KJFK (NY Kennedy International) to KDFW (Dallas TX)Takeoff and climb I hand fly for a while. Then I engage LNAV and everything is fine until I pass the first waypoint. It then turns to track the next waypoint and turns way past it (25-20 deg.)Then the next waypoint it turns in the direction and then goes way past it. I have any idea why. It doesn't turn back, just misses the waypoint. Am I missing something? I ended up hand flying the entire route. The route is fine since I have flown it several times with other aircraft using GPS and 777 FMC.2)I tried planning a route from KMIA (Miami Intl)to KJFK and the FMC did not recognize any of the waypoints "not in database" it did not even recognize the runways. Has anyone else experienced this. Strange that it's not in the database for such a popular route and airport.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Kindest Regards.awc.

Guest flightgamer

the absolute only thing this could be is what i had....(example)DAGPOMPSPLAX(no KLAX junk, only VOR)enter it into the 2nd page of the ROUTES page DONT go to the Legs pageput the VOR or Intersection into the right side and then put the Airway into the left....(example)Q102 DAGQ102 POMJ80 PSPDIRECT LAX( this will not be the airways you use but is only an example...... on simroutes, there should be an airway next to each VOR or Intersection.....)thats it, tryt it out...... have fun, but let us out if you dont get it.... :)

Guest corte

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I will definitely try it and I will let you know how it turns out.Thanks again.Kindest Regards.awc.