Sign in to follow this  
Guest corrie

GF-MCP Pro Autopilot Module

I know there's a patch they are working on but I hav'nt heard anything for a while now their all kind of quite about it.Maybe someone else knows. To answer your question the mcp-pro sort of works , but not very well from what I read. I'm still waiting for them to sort things out before I buy one it's been a long wait so far. Dave

I actually ordered the Goflight MCP Pro but I figured everything seems so uncertain that I cancelled the order and picked up one CPFlight MCP instead. More expensive but so gorgeous! Works out of the box with PMDG 737, 747, Level-D and of course the planes using default MSFS autopilot.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest corrie

Thanks Krister I have cancelled my order and went with the more expensive unit that works with PMDG.

Too bad for both of you... We're almost ready to release the GF MCP-Pro driver...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest skippy

>Too bad for both of you... We're almost ready to release the>GF MCP-Pro driver...I assume you guys are clued up enough to be monitoring the Level-D and GoFlight forums about compatiability issues & support between the Level-D B763 and the GoFlight MCP Pro ? I purchased the GF MCP Pro before Christmas to use with the Level-D B763 and in anticipation of PMDG releasing their official driver. I was disappointed to discover that the supplied driver does not result in satisfactory compatiability (V/S is completely wrong ...) and then absolutely stunned at the response from GF's customer and tech support: they told me to go and ask *Level-D* if their 763 is compatiable with the MCP Pro. But this is a GF driver supplied with the GF MCP Pro and GF advertise compatiability... They also supplied me with their "test software" but with absolutely no instructions about how it works ... Level-D have told me the driver wasn't supplied by them (their SDK is freely available), isn't supported by them and that it's a GF problem .. GF haven't answered my 3 subsequent e-mails plus forum posts over the past 3 weeks asking for assistance. Am I wrong to expect better support for my 500USD purchase ?!Given my experience so far with the GF MCP Pro you'll understand why I don't want to get my fingers burnt a second time... so can you reassure prospective buyers of your driver that 1) it will meet their expectations (correct & full 2-way input/output functionality and display readouts) and 2) be quite clear and up front about who will be responsible for supporting the driver and resolving the inevitable support problems that will come up ? I sincerely hope I can look forward to a happy simming experience with my PMDG a/c and the MCP Pro.Skippy

So what's the truth? I've been reading the Level-D forums and people seem to be happy with mcp-pro yes there are issuse here and there but all in all the unit works. Dave

Guest skippy

>So what's the truth? I've been reading the Level-D forums and>people seem to be happy with mcp-pro yes there are issuse>here and there but all in all the unit works. DaveI think it depends on how you define "all in all the unit works". My assumption is that what is displayed on the MCP within the Level-D B763 sim (and for that matter in a PMDG sim) is correct and my expectation was that the MCP Pro would mirror the display and functionality of the sim MCP with correct and full 2-way in & output communication between the two.F/D switches work. A/T ARM switch works. IAS/MACH displays *but* does not blank in VNAV (although I have seen it change to a "0" when passing FL240.. I haven't seen it display a MACH number. N1 and SPEED buttons work. HEADING displays correctly. LVL CHG & HDG SEL buttons work. VNAV and LNAV work but whilst in the sim they light up when pressed (armed), on the GF MCP Pro they only light-up when they announciate on the PFD as they engage on climbout. LOC and APP buttons work but in the same manner as VNAV and LNAV - they only light up when announciated on the PFD. ALTITUDE displays correctly, athough some installations end up with a moving decimal point so 5000ft = 5000.0. V/S on my installation does not function correctly. MCP Pro displays 0100 when in the sim it is +1000. 0010 on the MCP PRO = 0100 in the sim. I've also seen the moving decimal point in V/S. I assume the driver is having a problem reading & displaying the V/S output from the sim. The V/S button & dial does work. A/P engage buttons and DISCONNECT bar function correctly.I've tried several reinstalls and different GF drivers but without successfully resolving the problems ... and with *no* assistance from GF it's doubtful I will resolve it.Does the Level D B763 respond to inputs made through the GF MCP Pro ? Does it climb, descend, turn, etc ? Yes - absolutely. Can I soley reply on the MCP Pro for control of the sim MCP ? No. Should I be able to do so ? Yes, I think I should be able to but because of the V/S display problem I can't ... Am I satisified with the MCP Pro ? About a 75% yes.Whats my problem then ? V/S does not display correctly and it is not unique to my installation. Other people report this problem as well and GF have so far not responded adequately to repeated and polite requests for assistance (and by "adequate" I mean not just telling people to go and ask Level-D ....). *It's the lack of support that I find disappointing* (compare this to PMDG where the team is active in the forum and repsond to tech support e-mails very quickly).I sincerely hope that PMDG have addressed the responsibility and support issues when endorsing a third party hardware addon for their excellent sims.Skippy.

As far as I can tell, I have seen no such issues with the PMDG driver and the MCPPro. At the moment, we're waiting for a reply from GoFlight regarding a last-minute problem noticed with the EFIS module, which is holding back the release. Other than that, we're good to go.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest The_Glideslope

Read this to my surprise.Please, please release that driver!!! I've got both the MCP and the EFIS controler working on other addons but I antecipated it so much to work with my beloved 744 I even bought the "boeing-brown" paint to "tune" it...I'm waiting for this since September.

As I said - we're waiting on GoFlight at the moment. I am also away for the weekend but should be back Monday night.I am as excited as everyone about this release, but I won't release until it's absolutely ready - I think that's best for all.Regards,

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hey guys, the TrackIR4 is a whole lot cheaper and ALWAYS works.................and in the right place too!

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest The_Glideslope

"Monday" is today!!!!Even if you can't release the final thing, can't you just share the files you have with the people who own the MCP-Pro?We can even act as "After" Beta testers for you!