Sign in to follow this  
chumley

737 NG has gone feral

OK - haven't flown since before Xmas and since then I had a Video Card failure with consequent replacement.Now, I load the 737 and it is very very slow loading the database of ruways etc. When it does load everything works OK but once on the runway and lined up visually the FMC shows something completely different - the display is at a 17 - 20 degree cross angle.I take off, select the AP and follow instructions (RCv4) to the nav plan line displayed on the FMC. When I engage LNAV the aircraft starts to wander off course until it shows a Xtrack deviation of between 2.5 and 4.6nm - settles on a heading direction of 118 degs (in this example) when the correct nav path is 135 degs. The aircraft makes the waypoints in each case but wanders immediately after crossing. ILS is a nightmare - imagine approaching from 20 degs or so the the alignment under AP and kicking the baby straight to land (try)I have tried everything bar uninstall/reinstall but that will be my last resort in a few days if nothing is fortcoming here.Thanks in anticipationAndy b

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpg

Ryan.. I was waiting to hear an answer to this one. It is pretty odd. I was thinking the mess might be in the airac data, might explain part of it... but I'm guessing. If there's a reload involved I'd recommend reload airac and sidstars as well with current data.

Dan Downs KCRP

This problem is exactly the same as the one I am experiencing with both my 737 NG and 747. I too had to change my video card on Oct 2 but things worked fine until mid December when the exact Nav problems occurred as Andy has described. This was when Airac 0612 was in use with the corresponding editon of PlanePath SidStars. It persisted through Airac 0613 and is still the same with 0701. I even tried to revert back to the old 0608 edition of Airac. I have been following all posts in the forum and on the PMDG Ops page but no suggestions have yet led to a fix. I did update my FSUIPC to ver 3.71 sometime in Nov. or early Dec. Could that be part of the problem? Dave

Guest Rake7575

I've noticed unusually long loading times in the FS9 start menu--PMDG loading fixes, aiports etc-went from a few seconds before 612 to a minute or so when you first load a PMDG aircraft.Since I haven't changed video/card settings, I suspect it might be in how the new AIRAC data from NAVData is packaged and loaded each time. Rake