Sign in to follow this  

747 and Multi-Monitor FPS

Hey guys. I've been trying to get a nice multi-monitor setup going with the 747 but I keep hitting a really bad FPS drop. I want to have the VC view on a top monitor and the PFD, ND, and MFD from the 2d panel on a lower display. Unfortunately when I do that I get an abysmal 6-7 FPS while if I don't have the windows open I get a nice 22-24 FPS in the VC alone. Anyone seen this and have any recommendations?

Alex,What type of video card are you using and does it accelerate the secondary monitor? Some cards don't...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It's a 7900GS mobile (my primary computer is a laptop)

You're always going to get this when using multiple monitors on one graphics card. The glass cockpit displays are some of the real big frame rate eaters on these types of aircraft, and the computer is having to try and draw the scenery on one screen and the glass displays on the other at the same time using one card. The only real way round this is either to lower the scenery settings, so the card isn't being too heavily taxed, or use 2 cards and have a monitor connected to each.

Guess thats it then. You know, I'm getting tired of this GDI+ stuff. From my point of view it seems incredibly inefficant considering how much resources it hogs.

Guest abulaafia

You need either a card with two GPUs (ideally) or at least a top-end card with two separate digital outputs (1900XT) to get decent 2-monitor performance. There is no way to do this with your current equipment.