Sign in to follow this  
Guest mvc340

Tune ILS frecuency in B747

Guest mvc340

Hi, Can somebody tell me where can i tune the ILS frecuency in b747 without using the FMC?In the pedestal panel, i don

>>>Hi, Can somebody tell me where can i tune the ILS frecuency in>b747 without using the FMC?>>In the pedestal panel, i don

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

The ILS is auto-tuned by the FMC. If you want to manually tune freqs, you must do it on the NAV RAD page. Joe

Further to what Joe is saying, remember that an FMC failure doesn't mean the three green screens stop working. Those are the CDU's, the interface between the crew and the FMC's.When an FMC failure occurs, the CDU screens can still be used to carry out a number of non-computational functions such as tuning radios and ILS frequencies through the NAV RAD page, as Joe has already pointed out.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

"When an FMC failure occurs, the CDU screens can still be used to carry out a number of non-computational functions such as tuning radios and ILS frequencies through the NAV RAD page, as Joe has already pointed out."If both FMC's fail, the 3 MCDU's can tune ONLY their respective ILS receivers (The Capt's MCDU tunes the Left ILS Receiver, the F/O's MCDU tunes the Right ILS receiver and the Centre MCDU tunes the Centre ILS Receiver).When the FMC's are working, the Captain's or the F/O's MCDU can be used to tune all three ILS receivers simultaneously.Cheers.Q>

Hi,You have to tune the radios through the FMC on the 747, there is no other way. Just go the NAV/RAD page in the FMC and type in the frequency and course in the scratchpad as such: 116.30/359, and then upselect it to the left line select key for the ILS line. An "M" will appear after you do this to denote a manual entry.Kim K

>"When an FMC failure occurs, the CDU screens can still be>used to carry out a number of non-computational functions such>as tuning radios and ILS frequencies through the NAV RAD page,>as Joe has already pointed out.">>If both FMC's fail, the 3 MCDU's can tune ONLY their>respective ILS receivers (The Capt's MCDU tunes the Left ILS>Receiver, the F/O's MCDU tunes the Right ILS receiver and the>Centre MCDU tunes the Centre ILS Receiver).>>When the FMC's are working, the Captain's or the F/O's MCDU>can be used to tune all three ILS receivers simultaneously.>>Cheers.>Q>>Is there any reason excluding rudundancy why the 744 and the 767 (i think) have 3 ILS receivers but only 1 selector. I know you don't want to be flying 2 ILS apps at the same time :), but why not have 3 selectors, or at least the ability to select which receiver you want to tune.Another thing, what if one of the three receivers fails, do you get some sort of alert, and does it affect the plane in any way?Paul

"I know you don't want to be flying 2 ILS apps at the same time , but why not have 3 selectors, ..."Hmmm.... Doesn't really make sense to me being able to tune three different frequencies or having to individually tune all 3 to the same frequency (it is a 2 man cockpit after all)"Another thing, what if one of the three receivers fails, do you get some sort of alert, and does it affect the plane in any way?"Sure, there will be messages on your EICAS... increasing in severity with the number of faulty receivers... and there will be a degradation of Autoland capability.Cheers.Q>