Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Royal Australian Air Force Boeing 737-7ES Wedgetail

Hi all, I have a question for the people at PMDG who are creating the new versions of the Boeing 737 series. I live in Australia not far from the Williamtown RAAF Base, which is where the Royal Australian Air Force's new Wedgetail surveillance aircraft will be based once the squadron becomes operational.I was wondering if with the new version of the Boeing 737 being created, will we see a military variant for the RAAF Wedgetail as shown in the pictures that you can see when you search for the photo ID's below? There are around 50 photo's of this aicraft on airliners.net, which should be ample amount to make an accurant model of it. I, for one, would be thrilled to get a Boeing 737 with this variant on FS9!Some photo ID's to see photos of RAAF B737-7ES Wedgetail (you can find photo's more by searching for "Wedgetail" and "Australia - Air Force" on www.airliners.net):Photo ID: 1152493Photo ID: 1095468Photo ID: 1089682Photo ID: 1088813Photo ID: 1032939Photo ID: 1029167Photo ID: 0989608Photo ID: 0908423Photo ID: 0906250Photo ID: 0860956Photo ID: 0857016Photo ID: 0840608Photo ID: 0839277I hope that this aircraft will be created by PMDG and I look forward to hearing from someone who can give me a qualified answer to my enquiry.Kind regards,

Hi, just wondering if anyone is going to answer me? Around 50 views of this post already and not a single response.Regards,

Surely there's somone at PMDG who will answer my post in some way, shape or form???

Now, I don't want to appear impatient but I've seen a lot of other posts answered. I just want to know if what I've asked in my original post yesterday is something that PMDG are developing or if they will consider it? I would very much appreciate an answer.Regards,

Guest joediamond

Give it a rest, it's a weekend. Let the folks at PMDG enjoy their days off.C McCarthy

Mr McCarthy, I was not forcing anyone to come to the online forum to answer my post. Having seen other posts responded to by people at PMDG, I was simply hoping for mine to be responded to as well.Regards,

Matt,I'm only the guy who paints them after Vin models them. We'll evaluate that possibility once we've finished active development of the MD-11, and get the FSX version of the Queen done. We'll have to see what impact on the development cycle modelling the Wedgetail would have. No promisses.

Hey Matt,If you search the PMDG forum using 'wedgetail' you will find that this has been going on for a very long time, and even on the old forum. We were promised several times, but it ain't even started. It would be different if they said a straight out no, but they have been saying yes after the next project. I have given up on PMDG ever doing one, but best of luck.

Give them a break!Have either of you heard of supply and demand? I would suggest that there is very little demand for the Wedgetail 737, while there is an enormous demand for the MD-11, B747 and 737NG upgrades to FSX. So if I were have any say in PMDG's priorities, then the Wedgetail would be way down the list, a view I am sure that would be supported by most of PMDG's fans.NeilYPAD

Thanks Neil,1. I think they have had at least one break, possibly two, maybe more, over the last four years.2. I agree Matt appears impatient posting several times just to get a response, but that's not me.3. IF PMDG had said "no the Wedgetail wasn't viable" then no-one could complain, not that I was. I was only letting Matt know what had gone on previously. We have been told yes it's next on the list many times.4. I am a very happy PMDG 737NG owner, they do an excellent product, hence the asking for them to do a Wedgetail.5. Thanks for doing the survey and representing the owners of PMDG products. How many responses did you get?