Sign in to follow this  
Guest CombatAce

Help with PMDG 737-800: Lights and ILS

Guest CombatAce

Hello,I recently have returned back to Flight Simulator and brought and went back to using the pmdg 737-800 for my flights. However, I have gotten some problems in both flights I have done thus far.1) The airaft lights fail during the flight2) Cannot tune ILS, EFIS/NAV disagree. Never had gotten this message when I used the plane before. Yes the NAV frequestly for the ILS is tuned, for instance I am on approach runway 26L at Miami, 7nm out on approach switch to the approach view on the ND, but I get EFIS/NAV disagree, yet i see the DME counting. However in the last flight I just did I had everything correctly tuned this time landing at Guatemala, no sign of the ILS working yet the frequency was correctly tuned again.Furthermore, in the last flight the Gear would not come down. At first I believed it was a FSPassengers failure. I managed to lower the gear with CTRL + G, but FSP penalized me for declaring emergency. I have checked the keys to make sure they do not conlict and they have not, the problems still occur. Any suggestions?

Cannot tune ILS, EFIS/NAV disagreeThis error message occurs if the nav isn't set to the same values for freq and course as the airac data. The airac data may disagree with the FS9 approach data (often course values are different by up to 3 deg).Use the course setting provided by the FMC APPR INIT page, where you set your flaps and Vref before approach. That will get rid of the error.As for the other glitches... I thought the G was gear (default FS9) and the lights might go out if the battery dies and your generators are off line... just guessing.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest CombatAce

EFIS/NAV are correct to what the FMC says, so it is not a question of agreement imo.About the gear, G is to bring the gear down, and CTRL + G is to bring geardown manually. In my case the gear was stuck. But you brought a good point, the battery could be cause. But I was under the impression that the Integrated Drive Generators on the engines ctrolled the electrical power of the 737, if the engines are running there is no reason for the lights to fail.I am going to do another flight, if the problem persist I'll reinstall FS. Rather annoying doing a night landing and having no lights on the plane.

Guest CombatAce

Alright did my flight, and found the sourse of the problem. I have both generators on in the overhead, just as they should be (right?) however with both on, the lights fail to function. Yet when I turn off one of the two generators everything functions normally.Is this suppose to be like this or is this a glitch?

Ms/Mr CombatAce,Please sign your posts with your real name as per the forum rules.Sounds like battery to me! With the IDG ON I assume you mean the lights OFF on the overhead? If that's not the case we have to dig a little deeper.Hope it helps,