Sign in to follow this  
Guest bobdell

How do I preset TA in FMC for Dest. airport?

I'm not in front of my workstation now, but there is a speed constraint altitude on one of the descent forecast pages. This is probably not what you are looking for, but for the transition altitude for the purposes of flight levels at standard pressure versus MSL altitude at surface pressure.On the other hand departure TA is in one of the performance pages as I recall. Unless the VNAV pays not attention to the altimeter standard setting on the EFIS CP, but uses the FMC, I myself am confused as to the setting interetations in the FMC.I'll have to search it out when I'm at home in the FMC manual or one of the on-line tutorials.

Ron Ginsberg
KMSP Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Puddles
rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Support Team

Transition Level (for descent),In the 747 FMC:VNAV/DESCENT/FORECASTSIn the 737 FMC:DESCENT/FORECASTSJose Luis

signed: José Luis

Guest bobdell

Ron and JoseThanks, I did find TRANS LVL (TL) in the DES FORCASTS page of the FMC, in my previous attempted searches, but when I tried to change the default FL, to say 9000 or FL090, it gives me an INVALID ENTRY

Bobby:Going up (climb) you go from altitudes to flight levels. You need a transition ALTITUDE, from which you will start to fly with FL.Going down (descent) you go from flight levels to altitudes. You need a transition LEVEL, from which you will start to fly with ALTITUDES.If you want to set FL090 as transtion level for descent in the forecasts page, just type 90.Jose Luis.

Me and my hair are here again Bobby.TAI means Thermal Anti Ice. When on an ideal descent, thrust should be set to idle.Here, in the forecast page, the FMC is asking you if at any altitude you will be using wing or nacelle anti ice. If you use them, the idle thrust value should increase a little bit. So, the FMC wants to have that information to increase the acuracy of its calculations.Regards.Jose Luis

Guest bobdell

Jose,Thanks for all your help, everything is understood, and will be used on my flight from KJFK to CYVR in a few minutes time. I