Sign in to follow this  
Guest Totti10

NAVDATA Editing

Guest Totti10

Is there any easy navdata editor for PMDG's FMC data? I was trying to add one fix into the wpNavFIX.txt by simply adding a line like this:OKAMI OKAMI 58.120000 40.052400at the end of the document, but when I tried to use this fix in the game, FMC was still saying: "NOT IN DATABASE". What i did wrong?

Please sign your posts with your real name.I believe the fix needs to be added in the correct place in the file based on the first coordinate, like the rest of the file is sorted.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Totti10

.... and sorry for the signature

I don't think the FMC uses the fixes directly. I believe this based on the sidstars requiring fixes declared in each procedures file. I suspect the wpNavFIX file is used in conjunction with the routes.If you are adding the fix to be used by an arrival, departure or approach procedure, you need to add the fix to the fix section of the sidstar file. If you are adding the fix to be used as part of an airway then it needs to added to both the fixes file and the wpNavRTE file.I haven't played with this specific case, I might be wrong... but try one of the two above. That should get you going.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm not where I have access to FS... but I might be wrong about not using fixes directly. Therefore I offer one other thing to check. First, the order is not important in the airac files (sorry Ryan). They just happen to be sorted by lat/lon but I've stuck things in there out of order before and it works alright. However, the whitespace must be spaces not tabs. The column position is important so make sure the added info lines up with existing data and you are not using tab characters to line them up.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Totti10

Thanks a lot!! ... the problem was in the whitespaces - now everything works well.And for the second part of my question. So there isn't any simple AIRAC editor for PMDG FMC data?

There's not a editor for airac data, it's just text data. I use UltrEdit-32 to do my text editing, but MS WordPad or Notepad works as well.I generate longs lists of fixes for my sidstars using input from FAA sources and Excel to sort and parse, then just past the list into a text document. I suspect others use Excel with macros or perhaps Access, but the text part is easy and the only reason these Office tools are used is to manipulate the data.

Dan Downs KCRP