Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmetzinger

Paint question

Guest tmetzinger

I've been browsing through the texture directory getting ready to do a little painting of my 737s.What I can't find is the texture that contains the nosewheel doors, where "ETOPS" and the ship number would be painted. I found a texture that looks like it's for the doors, but what's on the texture doesn't match what's on the doors.Any assistance much appreciated.-Tim

the name of the file is PMDG_Det_3_T.psdopen it up in photoshop or PSP and look for the two grey rectangles with "REG" painted on them. Those are your nose gear doors. ** You also might want to pay particular attention to the two other rectangles in white above the gear doors, that are labeled "Top Nose ridge" and "bottom nose ridge". Those ridge pieces will drive you nuts if you don't know where to look for them!!! LOL you can paint the fuselage but you also have to match the color on the nose, with the color on these two ridge pieces or you will have two bright white strips on the leading edge of the radome. Hope this helps....Bruce Leehan

Bruce Leehan

Guest tmetzinger

I found that file, but when I look at an existing texture file PMDG_Det_3_T.bmp for an airplane - it doesn't have the ETOPS label or ship number. Yet when I look at the airplane in FS9 it's clearly there.Is there some other texture that gets overlaid on top of the gear doors that I'm missing?

Hi Tim;I've just starting doing some repainting of the PMDG 737 myself. The answer that you go above seems correct in my experience as well. Whatever I paint on the grey rectangles labeled REG in the paint kit is what ends up on the nose gear doors. If you want you could send me a copy of your PMDG_Det_3_T.bmp file from the repaint that seems to not display correctly and I'll have a look.

Dave Paige

Guest tmetzinger

I think I'm not being clear. I have a set of textures from a COA repaint for the -800 winglets model, and I'm looking at them and don't see the ETOPS wording anywhere in them. Yet they letters clearly show up on the airplane.Here's the PMDG_Det_3_T.bmp file (opened in DXT2BMP and exported to Photoshop, then saved as a jpg so I can upload it here).And here's a screenscrape of the actual airplane external view.EDIT: Found them in PMDG_800_fuse_right_t.bmp... I missed them the first time!

Tim,"We have a failure...ta communicate!" (Cool Hand Luke) ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166031.jpgThis is the Det_3_T texture that has the ETOPS data that your uploaded picture is sourced from. Are you using the correct file type for the texture?You should be saved as a DXT3 format.