Sign in to follow this  
Guest ianzee

747-400 Navigation Problem

Guest ianzee

Hello out there,Whenever I enter a new flight plan into the FMS, it appears that the ND display doesn't seem to show the correct aspect of the new flight plan, ie its upside down etc, also the tracking at the top of the display seems to show no heading or its it says 'track' or its stuck at 359 degrees. Has any one come across this before? If so what is the remedy. Id be grateful for any help,this is very annoying!Sincerelyianzee

Probably depends on your current heading, i.e. the active runway could be 180 degrees different from your first waypoint.What happens if you select a runway that has a direction close to the same heading as your first waypoint?Ron

Ron Service

Guest ianzee

Hello there, Many thanks for your fast reply. I probably didnt make myself very clear.This problem continues after take off & on to the destination. The Navigation Display shows the flight plan, but it is upside down, and the "trak mag" heading shows a either 'track' or is stuck at 359 degrees etc all the way thru the flight. Odd or what?Hope you can help.Thanks againianzee

Is the ND display in Map mode or Plan mode? The switch is normally set to Map mode for navigation. If it is set to plan mode, the orientation is always North, and the FMC will show rsk 6 as step.The ND display may then show the "track" 90 degrees or whatever to your current heading, but the aircraft should still be following the flight plan if LNAV is engaged. In Map mode the ND display should show current heading. I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to, but ask more questions if necessary.Ron

Ron Service

Guest ianzee

Hi Ron, Thanks again, but this doesn't seem to address this problem. In either mode on the ND the plan is showing the wrong way, and the heading is stuck on 359 degrees etc, and never moves. Yet the plane flies the LNAV route OK! I have tried re setting the IRS on the overhead by moving the control knobs all directions, but to no avail. The only thing that helps is if I re set the aircraft. Cheers Ianzee

I'm just wondering if you have some instrument problem. Have you tried loading a default flight first? I believe its a Cessna with engines running, and then ending that flight and loading a PMDG flight.Has this always happened or did it just start happening? Possibly some addon has screwed up the file. Sometimes it can be difficult to find the culprit. I usually end up doing a system restore to an earlier time. How do you create flight plans? You probably should not make too many changes at the same time, but try one thing at a time to isolate the problem. Hope this helps, ask more questions if you have toRon

Ron Service

You should post a screenshot (or set of screenshots). I, for one, am not getting a very clear mental picture of your issue.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest ianzee

Hi Bill, Thanks for your response. I would send screenshots if I knew how to do this !CheersIanzee