Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

744 Cargo Addon upgrade works for Freighter only??

I have no particular interest in the freighter model, but the website lists many, many apparent enhancements to guages, realism, FMC logic engine models etc etc. Do these apply to both the PAX and Freighter version of 744? Is there any real reason to get this upgrade if flying Cargo is of no interest to me?Thanks,Greg

Greg Clark

Guest Tom C.

Although you might not enjoy the Cargo aspect of the 744F, you will certainly enjoy the new functionality of the added engine systems.All models of engine are now added to the PAX version, where before, although the exterior models had the correct engine PW, RR or GE, with the 744F you now have the correct guages on the panel. The PAX version only modeled the GE version on the panel.I love it to bits, and am currently en-route from Kansai to Anchorage for UPS VA.Another thing the Freighter version gives is the chance to fly routes not normally flown on the PAX version.

Yes I would agree the 744F is a good aircraft.. I like to use it from time to time.. and the cockpit updates to guages are good too.. However it would be nice if they extended that to update the overhead panel too.. As I understand it, overhead panels differ (in the fire control panel) between engine variants..I always use the cargo variant for flight training too.. I have a particularly challenging circuit I do.. but I really need to update my controls before I can fly that one sensibly..As for not flying the PAX version on sensible routes.. I must admit.. I take my 744 PAX all over the place! lol.. probably at airports I shouldn't too.. but it's all good fun.. Although trans-Atlantic routes are my main concentration.. I want to do some Pacific routes now.. I just downloaded a bunch of charts for some USA AK airfields.. and I might give some flights a go..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL