Sign in to follow this  
Guest MARTY

FMC and COMs 747 query

Guest MARTY

Hi, Queries that I have concerning PMDG's 747 FMC and Radio Panel. (1) I'm told that I can transport FSBuild2 routes to the 747's FMC using my listed 737 facility. (PMDG 747 is not listed) How do I transfer a route from one aircraft to the other and can I save it in the 747 FMC ? (2) I like to use IFR prcedures for landing my 737. As there are no Nav settings in the 747 COMS to tune into a respective ILS, am I unable to do so with this aircraft? Thanks Mart

>Hi,> Queries that I have concerning PMDG's 747 FMC and Radio>Panel.> (1) I'm told that I can transport FSBuild2 routes>to the 747's FMC using my listed 737 facility. (PMDG 747 is>not listed) How do I transfer a route from one aircraft to the>other and can I save it in the 747 FMC ?You don't need to transfer anything. The 747 and the 737 use the same folder for Flight Plans. Once exported from fsbuild the plan is available to both FMC's.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

The question of lack of compatibility between PMDG-737 and PMDG-747 FMC routes has already been asked here many times in the last weeks. Nobody has given a solution to that issue.Regards.Jose Luis.

>(2) I like to use IFR prcedures for landing my>737. As there are no Nav settings in the 747 COMS to tune into>a respective ILS, am I unable to do so with this aircraft?ILS is tuned in on the NAV RAD page of the FMC on the 747. It's in the format FF.FFF/CCC where F represents the frequency and C the approach course.

Guest MARTY

Hi Ernie, As you can see by the replies to this query, some of us are still having problems with the transfer. Routes loaded on the 737 are not showing on the 747 FMC. Thanks anyway. Martin

Guest MARTY

Hi Luis, Glad that its not just me having difficulties. I'm sure someone will come up with the solution. Thanks Marty

Guest MARTY

Hi Phil, Silly me, should have realised that Nav Radios would be on FMC somewhere. Got too used to 737 I'm afraid. As a matter of interest, do you know if it is possible to reverse company routes on the 747 FMC? Can't see anything about it in the Manual. Thanks Marty :)