Sign in to follow this  
Guest d_talley2

737 600/700 ILS Approach pitch up

Guest d_talley2

I am having a problem during ILS approaches. About 4 miles from the landing, I turn off the autopilot to make a manual landing and the aircraft nose pitches up and the speed increases. I have to force the nose down to complete the landing. I thought that the autopilot would trim the aircraft for the approach and by switching the autopilot off, the settings would still be the same.In the real world, would turning off the autopilot on approach cause the nose to pitch up? Is there a fix for this PMDG FS aircraft?ThanksDwight

I don't believe there is anything that needs to be "Fixed" on PMDG's aircraft. The product has been released for sometime and we haven't seen any complaints reguarding this specific issue. I have never encountered this problem. On many occasions I have turned off the autopilot after passing the FAF and hand flown the remainder of the approach without any issues with the aircraft (other than the ones induced by me). :-)Have you checked your joystick alignment? You can also check the EFIS "SYS" page to view the alignment changes of your control surfaces when you disconnect the autopilot. A screen shot including the EFIS page could help as well. We should be able to help you solve the issue. :-)

don't know about the 737, but on the Avro RJ, the autopilot adds pitch up trim at about 600 ft AGL .. this is to assist in the flare & go-around ..might be possible that the autopilot of the 737 works in the same wayJan

Guest d_talley2

I will give it a try this weekend. Thanks for the reply.

Guest buffedub

Make sure you don't have the autothrottle on. This will cause a pitch up as you slow down on the glide slope. It's better to control the speed manually.