Sign in to follow this  
Sharpedge

North Atlantic Routing

Is it just me or is this route barking? I am trying to fly my PMDG 74F from EGNX to KJFK I decided to plan my own route in Flight Sim Commander using the latest online weather. The route that it gave me to put it kindly is just odd...... I would start in the UK route via the equator and then proceed almost directly north back up to KJFK. I then tried to use ROUTEFINDER to get a route, and that gave me the same routing. Now correct me if I am wrong, the most direct route between these airports is not going to be via the equator. Give it a try, go to http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ and search for a flight from EGNX to KJFK.See, its barking,:-hmmm anyone got any ideas?I am using the latest updates in all software and have cycle 0701 from Navigraph.Justin

Justin Paull

Hello,I have sent a couple of days ago an Email to the above mentioned site, and I have had almost an immediate response. It is the routing logic that screw up giving this kind of strange route.E mail again ASALINK, and I am sure he will get back to you ASAP.Break Break, for info just before sending this response, I have plugged the same route as yours, and here is the result:NAT: Eastbound track message identification is 27NAT: Westbound track message identification is 27Computed route from NOTTINGHAM EAST MIDLANDS (EGNX, EG) to JOHN F KENNEDY INTL (KJFK, K6): 28 fixes, 3146.8 nautical milesCruise altitude between FL330 and FL330EGNX (0.0nm) -SID-> DTY (39.9nm) -UL10-> HON (62.7nm) -UN859->KIDLI (99.5nm) -UN859-> DIGUT (107.2nm) -UN859-> CPT (117.1nm) -UL9->KENET (126.1nm) -UL9-> BASET (136.0nm) -UL9-> DIKAS (195.1nm) -UL9->STU (262.3nm) -UL9-> SLANY (293.5nm) -UL9-> DIMUS (309.3nm) -UL9->ROPED (323.0nm) -UL9-> ABAGU (362.9nm) -UL9-> SHA (409.9nm) -UL9->BURAK (524.0nm) -UL9-> MALOT (632.4nm) -NATD-> 52N020W (824.7nm) -NATD->52N030W (1194.1nm) -NATD-> 53N040W (1564.2nm) -NATD-> 53N050W (1925.2nm) -NATD->HECKK (2056.6nm) -NATD-> YAY (2169.0nm) -N184B-> TOPPS (2757.9nm) -J581->BGR (2814.6nm) -J581-> ODIKE (2828.6nm) -J581-> ENE (2927.9nm) -STAR->KJFK (3146.8nm)Details:ID FREQ TRK DIST Coords Name/RemarksEGNX 0 0 N52

Thanks Cyrille,I have found out that I need to enable NATS when I search for a route, when this is done it works great.Justin

Justin Paull

Hi,with all cycles after 0611 the routefinder can not find a disabled ( NATS ) route from Europe to US westcoast - they send you via Siberia to LAX/SFO instead of the routing via MY KEF SF YFB etc. ( which is the shortest, about 150 nm shorter than the most northern NAT )