Sign in to follow this  
Guest JJ57

744/744ER PAX cockpits

Guest JJ57

I know it has been talked about before, but I stumbled across a few pics on Airliners.net of Qantas 744 and 744 ER Pax Cockpits.It Just so happens that the Lower EICAS has the FUEL page up, and you can see the tank differences if you look hard.Take a Look:Qantas 744 Standard Cockpit with 3 steam standby, CRT's, standard fuel tanks, and number speed tape Autopilot:http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0290...next_id=0247622Qantas 744ER with Single LCD Standby, LCD's, ER Fuel Tanks, and LCD Autopilot:http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0755...next_id=0736060Sorry about the long file name, but it's the only way to make it work.

Guest JJ57

Didn't see that, thanks!

I don't see any tank differences. The only thing I can see is that blubing between the wing and center tanks seem a bit different. There's still the same amount of tanks and pumps.Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Guest JJ57

Look Again, there are 9 Rectangles with blue lettering, which indiactes a tank. in the 744ER fuel page and only 8 on the 744 fuel page. The ER shows 9. The one on the bottom is almost blocked by the throttles, but you can see the smug of blue on the bottom indicating that it's a tank.

Just noticed something else.. the Autobrake switch position.. that's different than the PMDG model.. theirs is on the centre console..I must admit.. I like the ER layout.. would be cool to fly with the ER EICAS.... any plans PMDG.. could that be an easy addition to the current model? I might be tempted to pay a few quid for it.... If I was prompted..Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest JJ57

If you go onto Airliners.net and look at the cockpits, you can see that the Autobrakes are located in both places, under the Capt PFD/ND and to the center stand towards the F/O side.

On most of the pictures I looked at on Airliners.. it's not under the captains PFD.. It is on some.. and on the centre console seems to be on the right for the FO.. like you say.. I've seen it on the left though on the centre console as well.. is it a game Boeing are playing?"Where have we put the Autobrakes! hehehe"??Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

>Look Again, there are 9 Rectangles with blue lettering, which>indiactes a tank. in the 744ER fuel page and only 8 on the>744 fuel page. The ER shows 9. The one on the bottom is>almost blocked by the throttles, but you can see the smug of>blue on the bottom indicating that it's a tank.they both look identical to me...paul

Q,You always seem to have pictures for every question! This just makes me want to fly the real thing even more. I just started college but I'm afraid to ask; what are the vision requirements for flying anything? What can I do to fix my vision that will actually be allowed?Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

I believe Qantas is one of the few airlines to have the autobrakes under the Captain's ND. I have seen others with it there too, but I have forgotten who.

There seems to be plenty of pilots flying around with bifocals/trifocals... so I can't see how short/longsightedness would stop you flying, Ryan. Laser surgery can correct a lot of problems, but it's not exactly cheap. Colourblindess can be an issue (it stopped my father flying).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/166093.jpgAloha!Q>

It would be extremely cool if PMDG would do a few more panel variants.. I mean the engine variants are modelled on the EICAS aren't they? At least I always assumed so.. I can't remember the differences off the top of my head but.. they have different N1 N2 N3 layouts? I think some engines have more stages that others.. Something like that? I'll have to check.. But the fire control panel is not different.. and the new lower EICAS with the new fuel page for the ER would be quite sweet.. assuming the aircraft is essentially the same otherwise.. (in terms of the PMDG sim).. would be quite nice if we could get all the real variations :)... or make them part of the options menu :)Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

I live here and I think this picture it so cool. I've noticed that my sight fluctuates depending on what I've been doing. I think I might beable to bring up my vision slightly if I don't stare at close objects so often (like now). Thanks so much Q. After I get my associates degree, I'm going to transfer to a university to go into aviation.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg