Sign in to follow this  
de Lattre WGA

Sounds like a stupid question, but need to ask

Hello,I have changed my computer, and noticed that FPS are very strange on the 747 pax and freight.When the 747 is loaded, it comes with all ready for flight, almost. In this case in VC mode my FPS are at 17 to 23.8, locked at 24 almost everywhere on earth and with a lot of addon scenery.Now if I load a flight, a saved panel state (a one that was saved verylong time ago while FS was installed on another rig), where the 3 INS have to be aligned, then, when aligned, the FPS in VC mode will not go over 7, and in 2D I will bearly go over 15.Does any one have an idea?ThanksCyrille de LattreAsus P5B deluxe WIFI/PI V 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAM PC566Nvidia 7600 GT 256 Meg PCIeWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Hello,63 forum members have red this and no one have an idea?Cyrille de LattreAsus P5B deluxe WIFI/PI V 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAM PC566Nvidia 7600 GT 256 Meg PCIeWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Well, now over 125 read this and we still don't know what's going on. I would contact support at this point. You could wait for someone from PMDG to respond to the post though.Other than that, I can't entirely see the IRS alignment status affecting frames. I would set up the aircraft but not align the IRS, check the FPS, then align. Then check FPS again to see if this changes anything. If still nothing, then try taxiing the aircraft around. Then if the FPS changes, it could be something about the way the IRS tracks the movement in FS.In short, try and see exactly when the FPS drops.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Hello,Thanks for the reply, I will let you know ASAP. IE tonight or at the latest tomorrow morning Cyrille de LattreAsus P5B deluxe WIFI/PI V 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAM PC566Nvidia 7600 GT 256 Meg PCIeWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

I made the test as follows:1/ Load FS9 and 747, all comes alive, FPS at 18 to 23.8 (locked at 24) depends on the scenery, SFO is at 12. switch of the 3 IRS and FPS goes staedy 23.8. VC only, 2D is always at 23.82/ load up FS9, default 747 as above, then select a saved panel state all cold and dark, then light up everything and go to fly, VC fps not going over 12 above 10k and not going over 9 on ground. Switch of the IRS in flight, then nothing change really.3/Load situation one, do a trafic patern, land, then switch off the IRS to realign. FPS is descending to 12 at KSJC, no weather, once realigned, take of, then climb gently to 10 K, the VC FPS remained at 12-15, and then in flight, switch of the 3 IRS, and then FPS are back locked at 23.8.So conclusion, IRS have impact on FPS, AS VC HAS TOO, I know this. This is not taking away anything from this great bird, but I am frustrated to being abble to find the good setting with that rig.Cyrille de LattreAsus P5B deluxe WIFI/PI V 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAM PC566Nvidia 7600 GT 256 Meg PCIeWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Guest drew melia

This sounds very, very odd. My system, spec wise is almost identical to yours, and I have no such problems. But, my advice with ANY payware bird, load FS, select flight/other/default flight. Let it load, switch airports, date, time, weather, aircraft. Still got the problem? Whats your frame-rate limit set to? If its too high, you wont leave enough processor power left for non-graphical stuff - like alligning IRS - and eventually windows will take over. Set your frame rate limit to 30 max, 25 is better.