Sign in to follow this  
Guest Copyritepunx

Frustrated with CH Throttle Quadrant

Guest Copyritepunx

Hello all,I just spent a total of I'd say at least 3 hours trying to calibrate my new throttle quadrant. Of course the ONLY thing I want to fly is the 744 right now with this gorgeous setup!I have the 4 center set as the thrust levers.FSUIPC throttle calibration only makes the throttles start responding about 3/4th the way to stops. When wanting to place these in idle, it only goes back to 32%. Pressing F1 every time should not be something I should need to do.Obviously this is going to cause major issues all the way around, and will be especially bad for RTO and landing.It seems like the detents are messing everything up. Please answer back soon before my head explodes!Guy Palmer

Guest ziporama

Not surprising, it took me a week, so you're ahead of the curve...My 3 step, solution (requires registered FSUIPC) was:1) ensure that the full range of motion is available to the axes from the CH Controller.2) In FS, ensure that sensitivity is set to maximum, and deadzone set to none for each throttle axis (defaults are always incorrect).3) Using FSUIPC's joystick page (requires registered copy of FSUIPC), calibrate idle, deadzones, min/max.Works like a champ.Step 3 can also be done inside the CH Controller software, but not nearly with the level of precision or ease of use that you will get with Pete Dowson's utility. I in particular had problems with the idle position, where a slight flutter could occur. The ability to set the deadzone in FSUIPC seeing values that FS sees internally solved the problem.Hope this helps,Etienne

Guy,I too did not have an out the box working experience. After a few hours I did find a way to make it work. As in the previous topic it utilises a full version of FSUIPC.1. Make sure the sensitivity is set to max and the deadzone is set to 0.2. Use the CH software to calibrate your levers, as I use the first lever for airbrakes and the last for flaps I reverse the axis on these two levers.3. Go back into Flightsim - controls and remove all button actions and uncheck all items under the axis tab. Only for the throttle.(You don

Justin Paull

Guest Copyritepunx

Guys! Thank you so much. The info you gave, to be honest, was very vague. However, I did pick up on the "erase everything so FS controls nothing" type of attitude. That helped a ton, as well as persistance. Everything is now working GREAT!I have all 4 going IDLE, I have the far left as the TOGA, 2nd from left the abort takeoff, and the #2 full back the reverse, and when pressed forward, the idle. Everything is peachy.Did anyone ever figure out how to actually get the fuel control switches to move? I know it was discussed. Just wondering.Thanks a million!