Sign in to follow this  

How do I let FS run in the background on long flights?

HiToday I am taking my first long flight in more then 2 years. Once at cruise altitude I get bored staring at the gauges for hours. How do I let FS2002 Pro run in the background while I go on the internet?I made it into windowed mode and I made the window small (1/4 of the scrren size) and I put in the corner so I can keep an eye on it. It works fine but when I open another window for the internet the FS window disables Hardware Acceleratoin and the graphics look like FS5. That's not too much problem because I can still see what's going on but when I open the internet window then there is no more sound coming from FS. I need sound to hear the ATC talking to me. Does anyone know how do I keep the sound on?I appreciate any help.Take careMike

Guest RonB49

What kind of sound card do you have. Mine is Sound Blaster Live and I don't think it is possible with it. Because of that, what I do, is get to altitude, then wait for ATC to tell me to change frequency (to contact a new Ceneter, for example), then I acknowledge the change message but I DO NOT contact the new center. From then on, ATC ignores me until such time as I press the "1" key and contact Center again. From then on they put me back in the loop and talk to me again. Hope this helps. R-

Thanks for the tip guys. ZLee, the sim does not pause when I open the internet, it just looses sound but it keeps going. I'll do what you and Roon said, I will not contact center unti lI am close.Take careMike

Guest ScottPilot

What???Do the real pilots leave the flight deck for hours on end? NO! Welcome to the real world of flying, hours of straight and level flight boredom.Just part of being a pilot....Sim ones too!Remember..the goal is...AS REAL AS IT GETS!Happy Simming :( :-roll :( :-roll :(Scott

Yeah! I know but real pilots usualy have a co-pilot to talk to. I am lonely :-lolI'll just have to bring my laptop in the cockpit with me and surf the web on that while I am 'in the cockpit' Is taht allowed?Take careMike